24

Camillia's pov

"What kind of barnyard were you raised in where you just eat someone else's food?" I ask Myles from across the table. "So you can share your homework but not food?" Yes stupid ass bitch.

I felt a presence behind me then hands massaging my neck. "Wanna have lunch together?" Megan whisper in my ear and i shiver. "No" I sigh and she squeezes my shoulder making me groan. "Very well. I'll dine alone" she leaves to go sit with her friends but soon comes back to sit next to me with her lunch.

"I don't take no for an answer" she winks at me. So that's how our lunch went. We talked, I helped Vada with her homework. Megan glaring at her the whole time. Vada ignoring her as always. Myles eating all of our food and Everly daydreaming about you know who.

"Alright. That's the bell. See you later" Megan kisses my cheek as I put my stuff away. "See ya" we all get up and go to our lockers to put everything that we don't need away and then make our way to our class.

We all sit down and wait for Mr. Duncan to start. "Alright class today we have this homework that no one wants to do but we have to do them" he explains everything and lets us do our work.

"Sir?" A girl in the middle row raises her hand. "Yes Maisie?" Mr. Duncan sighs but waits for her question. "I know you didn't assign question number 4 but what is moral relativism?" She ask after reading the word from her book.

"Maisie, I didn't assign it because..." he looks around the class noticing that everyone is now staring. "Because everybody knows what that is so" he smiles at her. "Well I don't" here we go again.

He sighs and sits up straight. "Can somebody please tell Maisie what moral rela...ins" what? I look at Vada and she just shrugs. The class is dead silent. To be honest, I don't think anyone knows what that means except for Zowie. "Fine. Zowie go ahead"

"Descriptive moral relativism holds that some people disagree about what's moral" she explain, Mr. D nodding like he knows what it means. "Metaethical moral relativism holds that nobody is objectively right or wrong" okay so I'm still lost.

He claps his hands together and sighs. "Got it? Easy! Now if we could stick to the questions that I assigned, please" everyone goes back to work but Maisie had another question which Mr. D groaned to.

"And what is cultural relativism?" She ask. "Who cares" he mumbles but everyone heard. "Cultural relativism is a principle that was established as axiomatic and anthropological research by Franz Boas" god dayum.

"That it?" Mr. D whisper to her. Zowie simply nods and he looks back at Maisie. "You can't stop me Maisie. Back to work" this man I swear. "I still don't know what it means" Everly whisper to me. "Same"

We work in silence for a while. We still have about 20 minutes left to go before class ends. But some people had other plans. "Yes?" Mr. D asked after Aleah raised her hand. "May I go to the bathroom?" She ask.

Alright everyone. Pencils down. This is going to be good. "I don't know Aleah. May you?" I sat up straight and got ready for hell. "Sir that only works if she says 'can I go to the bathroom?'" This kid, Eliot, told him. "I don't know, Eliot. Can you?" I shake my head at all of this.

"Hah! Yes Aleah, you may go to the bathroom" he says and she gets up and leaves. "Guys, you're old enough. You don't need to ask to go to the bathroom anymore. If you have to go, just quietly leave" I smile knowing what's going to happen.

"Just go alright? I trust you" he says getting up from his desk to face the board. "Alright so, recapping...we have a review tomorrow, make sure you're here for that. I don't want to go through everything twice" I look around and see kids getting up to leave.

"The test is still next Thursday" my friends got up and I told them I'd be there in a second. "And, chapters on the test? Chapters are 1, 2 and 4 so ma-" he turns around to only see Nico and I.

"That backfired, didn't it?" Nico says about to stand up but gets stopped. "Where you going?" The teacher ask. "I have to use the washroom" Mr. D walks towards him. "That rule doesn't apply to you. You only go to the bathroom when i kick you out" he points at him.

"Well, kick me out" why am i still here? Oh because I want to know what happens next. "Not today" he shakes his head and smiles. "Are we ever gonna get our last test back?" Nico ask. "That's not gonna work, Nico. You're staying" I slowly put my stuff away trying not to interrupt.

"That's a very pretty shirt you got on" I shake my head and shut my book. "Sit down" Mr. D says sitting on the desk. Nico thinks for a second as I get up. "Still single?" Oop. It went silent for a while. "Yeah that's the one. Get out" Nico smiles and walks out.

"I need to use the bathroom" I said before he could say anything to me. "Is he always like this?" Vada ask shoving a paper in her bag. "Yeah. Just have to remember what ticks him off and boom" Everly does fake explosions with her hands.

For the remainder of class, we went to the library to do fuck all.

——

Later that day, I was at my locker getting my stuff with Myles and Megan when Mr. D walked by and gasped. "Who the hell is that?" He ask whispering to us. We see a young looking teacher walking down the halls. "That's Ms. Stone. She's subbing for a few days" Megan answers him. And how does she know all that?

"Oh my gosh! We never had hot subs" should he be telling us this? "I mean we did have Ms. Bootylicious" Megan says and I glared at her. Hard. "Everyday I wake up, I say 'I hope someone's away and we have a hot sub'. Never happens until today" he sighs.

We all look at each other confused. "So...now what happens?" Myles asks him. "Now i swoop in and do my thing, Myles" what thing? "Because I'm a full time teacher and full time teachers are like celebrities to subs" insert eye rolls.

"Except that you're not full time" I told him. "What are you talking about? I come here every single day, all day" he stares at the new sub. "Yeah as a sub" Megan corrects him. "Full time sub" he corrects her and walks away. "Full time idiot" I mumble making everyone laugh around me.

We get all of our stuff and step out the school. "Do you guys want a ride?" Megan ask nicely. "Are you trying to kill me?" Vada ask eyeing her. "Nope. Just trying to be nice" she side eyes me and I smirk. "I guess. Thank you" we walk to her car and get in.

Why is she so nice? She's talking to Vada like they were friends all along. She parks the car on the driveway and we sit there. I turn to face her and raise an eyebrow. "Who's Ms. Bootylicious and how do you know about Ms. Stone?"

"That's my cue to leave" Vada says grabbing her bag and leaving the car. "So?" she sighs and unbuckles her seatbelt and I do the same. "Megan" I sternly say making her look at me. "Did you have a little crush on Ms. Bootylicious?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"No shut up" she rolls her eyes and leaves me there in the car. 

She def had a crush on Ms. Bootylicious.