Chapter 47

Kaitlyn's fear increased when she regained conscious in the hospital. All she saw were the hospital ceilings as people rushed her somewhere. A bright light flashed against her face making her close back her eyes only peering through her eyelids a little.

"Riase?" she questioned looking into the light. Maybe that was where her baby was and now she gets to see him. "Riase? Baby where are you?" Kaitlyn somewhat screamed his name crying suddenly,

"Patient's pulse is dropping. We must get the bullet out now!" a mask was pulled onto Kaitlyn's face and she slightly whispered smiling,

"Riase mommy's coming" her world was once again dark.

***

The anesthetic had almost worn off of her and she was regaining conscious slowly, Emily was in the room next to her. Her rib was indeed broken and was going to need surgery. But Marcus didn't feel secure having it get done in England. And since they were leaving he had the doctor temporarily wrap her and enough pain killers till they got back to Italy.

Kaitlyn had her hands resting on her stomach, she starred into the night sky which seemed to be turning lighter by the minute meaning it was soon morning.

"You're the most irresponsible woman I have ever met" Ricardo sat telling kaitlyn who didn't even look at his side. She knew he had been in the room the whole time and also knew he had questions, but she wanted to enjoy the sunrise.

She was upset, she thought she'd finally get to see her baby boy, hold him in her hands and cuddle him. But her dreams were dark and she was back on the bed she hated the most. But she kept her calm knowing it won't look good if she started to react in front of Ricardo.

"I would've happily died for Emily. She's my family" kailtlyn blindly declares making Ricardo scoff,

"Maybe that's why she agreed to have herself tranquilized and abandoned on a bridge" he seemed annoyed which upset Kaitlyn. She'd hope when she met him for the second time it be under different circumstances. "The anesthetic is still in me. Ask what you want to know, it'll all be true" she confesses making Ricardo wonder why she'd say such a thing.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why leave when everything was going great"

It took a long time for Kaitlyn to think of a reply, she couldn't lie because if she did she'd start laughing and he'd know that she lied to him so she blankly spoke without thinking,

"I was happy. More than happy. But I wanted more. I missed papi. But most importantly I wanted to prove everyone wrong. I wanted to be Queen" she said in a fandom like tone,

"If you wanted such a bazzar title you could've been by marrying me right?" her reasoning seemed a bluff, it made no sense to him,

"I wanted to earn it. Not marry into it. I started my designer company and ran a mafia in the midst. I guess one day without my men is basically me in my grave" she laughed like a drunk thinking about it.

"Don't say that. I was there" Ricardo says, they both enter an awkward silence for a very long time.

But then Ricardo decides to break more ice "Who's Riase?" he suddenly asked making her head snap to him. A small smirk appeared when he saw the shock in her eyes.

"Who told you that name?" she asked in panic,

"You were screaming that name Kaitlyn. Now tell me-" he got out of his chair coming into the morning sun where Kaitlyn saw him properly, "Who is Riase?"

"An old friend of mine" she didn't dare look into his eyes and reply which told him it was a lie,

"Lies Kaitlyn" he got closer to her bed, he held her arm and slowly ran his fingers along hers. He leaned in giving a kiss to her forehead before going to her sweet spot and whispering, "The anesthetic may have worn off now but getting the truth from you is as easy as anything Kaitlyn. Shall I take you on this very bed and question you?" he bite lightly on her sweet spot hearing a gasp but Kaitlyn immediately pushed him back with everything. He nearly landed on the ground but steadied himself. He looked at kaitlyn surprised.