Chapter 39*

Ricardo's POV

Sitting in the back of my Rolls Royce; my head starts to wonder off, I still think of the incident at Mexico.

I trust my guts to know that the woman in the mask was Klaire, her eyes are a set of browns I could never forget, even in my rarest dreams she still haunts me. Her betrayal hit me hard, it led me to become weak. I went from the most feared to the most coward. I blame myself entirely for letting such a tiny, no power, piece of shit ruin me.

It was hard, but in the end I came back to where I was. It sometimes makes me laugh to even think how I fell for a person. A worthless girl.

A girl with a smile that could make my worst days my best. The girl who I had planned marriage with, kids, old age,

Yes,

Such a worthless girl she was.

After disaster in Mexico I flew back to Italy as fast as I could, the closer I was to security the better. I know how much Leonard cared for his wife, and if my name ever came up on his search I knew it will be war,

And I've been prepared.

Not letting a minute go unguarded.

At the my entrance the maids took my work files from the driver as well as the milk powder Emily had wanted me to pick up on my way back. Heading to my room I changed into a pair of normal slacks and a sports T-shirt.

I was welcomed by the boxes of trash on my table in my office. I huffed out annoyed but nevertheless began the separating.

The box consisted of all our work over the years. Some of them being unfulfilled contracts from over 5 years. These files I had put away on my main chair temporary, so later I can hand them over to Giovani and follow up on them.

At the end of the second box I came across a long envelope with the Mexican seal on the back of it. By the looks I noticed it to be one from Alex Garcia. I moved the files on my chair and sat down to open it. Taking out the blade from the desk top I scraped off the seal keeping it aside to look what was in.

It was just a simple picture of the 3 of us with 3 additional people. My memory being bad; I turned the picture to read the names in order,

Starting From Left

Ricardo, Leonard, Emily, Valerie, Alex, Kaitlyn

At the look of the last name something came to me. leaving the picture on the side, I walked up to the set of cupboards kept locked with keys that only belong to me. Opening them up I searched through 3 drawers and finally found what I was searching for.

I had almost forgotten the important piece of paper I had stollen from Valerie's house the other day. Behind it I found the wordings,

Starting From Left;

Emily, Kaitlyn, Valerie

I hurried and kept the pictures next to each other looking at Kaitlyn when she was just 8 and when she was graduating. I quickly took out my phone opening the only picture I had saved of my once lover 'Klaire'

Keeping it next to the older picture I couldn't believe the resemblance between Klaire and Kaitlyn. It was like they were twins, the only thing that stood out was the hair and eyes.

Was Klaire wearing contacts?

I thought inside. I noticed how close both her and Emily were in both pictures. And it never struck to me but at the thought of it; Emily and Klaire got along so well, Emily even shared personal things about herself.