Chapter 48

"Emily I know this is hard to ask from you but I want you to try and keep little Malcom away from Kaitlyn as much as possible" getting out of England was easy, 

Their jet was already waiting for them. Driving straight to the plane Ricardo helped Kaitlyn into the plane along with Emily and Marcus. 

The flight was 3 hours back to Italy, Kaitlyn slept through it all. She woke up at times but when she was awake she didn't speak a word. Even when the air hostess asked about her meal preference she only stayed quiet, pointing at a packing as if she didn't care what was in it to eat. 

But still she did not eat, she starred out the window during the entire flight. Emily tried making conversation but she refused to speak. It left Emily and Marcus both equally confused as to why she was acting this way. 

When they asked Ricardo he too only ignored their question and held onto Kaitlyn's hand during the entire flight. It was the only way he could show he was there for her, no matter what.

Emily was back in the hospital the minute they landed. Ricardo didn't want to take Kaitlyn back to the main house. He knew Malcom was there and he was a boy who loved to interrupt people during their sleeping hour. And he knew how it'd affect her.

Ricardo made sure Kaitlyn was settled in the penthouse above his work building. It was the second most secured and had no kids to interrupt Kaitlyn.

"I've been meaning to ask. What's up with Kaitlyn? She was really happy at dinner and then just stormed out of the house. I thought it was because of something I said" Emily asked while the nurse finished hooking her onto the monitor. Ricardo sighed knowing he had to tell them so there wasn't any misunderstanding between them. 

"What I'm to say stays here. She's kept this hidden from the public and a lot of people" he gave a death stare to the both of them, Emily looked worriedly at Marcus who was nodding his head at Ricardo's warning.

"Kaitlyn got pregnant almost a year ago" gasps were heard but soon quieted by Marcus who wanted to hear the full story "she didn't tell me the full story yet but I plan to ask her properly one of these days when she's comfortable. She lost the child and has been mourning since then"

"W-W" Emily was speechless not able to say anything, but Marcuz held the stern emotionless face, he still had one important question, 

"And the father?" 

"Me" Ricardo answers once again seeing Emily go into a small panic attack, 

"How did you know it's true?" truly she didn't want to believe it, she had her doubts. Kaitlyn had changed drastically, and her possibly becoming pregnant with someone else's child was a big possibility. 

"She cried telling me this right in front of my son's grave" with a hint of irritation and anger Ricardo answered making Emily stop her train of thoughts.

"A boy?" Marcus asked surprised, 

"Indeed. Riase Delvour" he said, "Children trigger her a lot. If she sees a child let alone pass by a child's bedroom she will start to think of the boy, and it'll end up leaving her in a mess. She hit real down today and until I'm sure she's comfortable around people and kids I won't be bringing her anywhere near Malcom. If you'll want to come see her, come without Malcom" he somewhat orders making Emily realise things at last, 

"Children trigger her. She was scrapping herself to blood when Alia was bringing Daniel for her to hold. She didn't spend a second after that. Just dumped the child in Alia's hands and ran" Ricardo slowly nods taking in the message. He was about to leave when Marcus stopped him,

"Where will you be staying?"

"I've my own house for a reason. Giovani had it dusted and furnished. I'm taking Kaitlyn there till all of this is cooled off"