Chapter 36

Flying over the ocean Ricardo read in disbelief. He had dismissed it many times but after his latest blow up in his biggest docks it hit his limit, he hated that Leonardo was behind the explosion and to top it all he had been conspiring against the Italian Mafia.

Leonardo and Ricardo first met at one of their fathers' meeting, Leonardo and Alex had to come and stay in a side room until it was over and on this very day it just so happened that Jackson brought Ricardo with him.

It's also where Ricardo and Kaitlyn met. Ricardo was 13 and she was 8.

Since then the trio boys stuck together till they became the trio of men. They were feared indeed, each of them future leaders to their respected Mafias.

Ricardo was beyond upset, he hated to see the truth before him, it made him check the papers over and over throughout the entire 22 hour flight, he didn't want to believe that his friend, his brother would do such a thing.

Their trust only grew stronger along with their allies when Valerie married Leonardo, and before them her cousin Emily married Marcus.

"I know you don't believe it man. But I have it on paper, we should have taken him down when we had the chance" Marcus takes the seat opposite him and Ricardo can only sigh in disbelief.

"what do you exactly have in mind?" Ricardo was too busy to even think of a plan, he didn't plan on killing Leonardo but only leaving him a warning.

It's his way of showing mercy.

"we can't go easy this time Ric, he could've done something really bad if we didn't kill his men, he pulled his last straw and if you dismiss it our enemies will take it that you've gone soft-"

"I haven't fucking gone soft" Ricardo's eyes held death in them. Marcus quickly nodded, choosing his words carefully this time.

"he's out of country and we will have 5 hours to get in and out of the city before his men and him come. As long as we cross the border afterwards, we'll be out of target" Marcus pitches the plan carefully to Ricardo but he knew perfectly well that it wouldn't work accordingly,

"The Garcia's? they'll be the first to attack before the Hernández's men"

"then it's a good thing Mrs. Garcia will be there to keep Alex on his feet. she's to have the kid soon I'm told Alex and she have moved to a safe space and far from Mexico, we'll have 2 hours max" it still didn't assure Ricardo that they were stepping into a death trap,

"what about Uncle Nio? he practically adopted Valerie and Emily when the fall of the López's came. He treats them as his own blood, with him we might as well have our heads chopped off by my father" no matter what, Antonio loved Valerie too much that loosing her would be like loosing a daughter of his.

The death of Valerie's and Emily's parents were harsh but because of Antonio they made it out of their dangered times and have become the women they are now.

Valerie was 17 when all this happened and because she was under age she couldn't keep Emily -who was 15- with her. Antonio came to help and gave them their own apartment in one of the apartment complexes he owned, and it came with a full 24 hour security crew to keep them safe along with their privacy.

"if he does happen to show up we will not hurt him at all just his men. But it's 100 percent unexpected cause he's all the way in England with his Daughter" At the mention of Kaitlyn Ricardo's eyes went up suspiciously but went back to his file.

"you've got everything covered as per usual. You do what needs to be done I'll stand behind and guard"

"you're not getting involve?" Marcus disbelieving asked, his eyes holding a little sorrow as this would normally be times when him and Ricardo would have their equal fun.