Chapter Eleven: In Green

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, but I have been busy studying for my exams... Ugh!

Anyways, that aside, here is the latest installment to the Raven!

Hope you enjoy it!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE????

P.S. I have no idea why I went with this title for this chapter.... If you have any better suggestions, please feel free to suggest!

Chapter Eleven: In Green

“I’m sorry.”

He nodded. And the rest of the way, until we reached a small village neither of us said another word, leaving loud silence wedged between us.

It was late afternoon when we reached civilisation. The village was a disappointment. I don’t know what I had expected but maybe more. It was small and crammed, like the whole area as trapped in a bubble, afraid to expand, if they did, the bubble would burst.

When we entered the villagers scurried to their houses, some seeking refuge in other’s houses. They hid from us. They were scared.

Nathaniel walked by my side, as I rode the horse.

A young man, maybe a few years older than Nate came up to us, watching our every move with a scrutinising glare.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” He said in a clear, proper English accent. That was unexpected.

“Nathaniel Greene, and my wife, Thekla Greene.” I was sick of this “playing house” game.

“Well, you are not welcome here, you should leave.” He spat.

“I am sorry, we didn’t mean to bother you. We just wanted to buy some supplies from you?” Nathaniel said.

The man, whose back was now facing us stopped walking away and slowly turned. He observed us for a while, contemplating.

“Fine.” He said at last.

“Would you be kind enough to tell us where we can purchase some food and clothing sire?” I asked when Nathaniel started looking around.

“You may follow me.” He said. And of course I foolishly did.

“Mrs. Greene!” I heard Nate’s calls and I slowed down, however the man that was leading me kept going at the same pace.

“I’m sorry, but I must wait for my husband to catch up. He is most insistent.” I smiled at the man, who once again, frowned.

Nate caught up and extended his elbow. I looped my arm in his and we both fled after our ‘host’.

He lead us to a house. He knocked a particular knock and a lady, height of a full-grown dwarf opened the door. She was elfin. Her eyes were wide and blue, like that of a scared child. But she was undeniably beautiful. Her cheekbones sat high on her face, her lips plump, yet small. Her nose petite and two auburn curls dangled on each side of her face, falling freely from her white hat. Freckles rested over the bridge of her nose and on top of her cheeks. Then she smiled, revealing two adorable dimples framing her mouth. I had to smile back.