🪷 ᴋᴜꜱᴜᴏ

My love for you

Saiki kusuo X Male!reader

Autistic reader <3

Requested by demiboy_bite

(Fluff)

____________________

Storming through streets to Kusuo's house, the tears almost threatened to fall from my cheeks as a few sobs erupted through my throat.

When I rang the doorbell and waited, I wiped the tears away so I wouldn't like such a mess as I do now.

The door opened almost instantly and I could see Mrs. Saiki light up when she saw me but got concerned as she saw my puffy eyes. "Y/n honey! What's wrong? Are you okay? Come in, Kusuo's upstairs in his room, you should go see him."

She was so worried, the poor woman nearly started panicking. I mean, I never cry like this in front of anyone unless I really get triggered towards crying.

Giving her a quick nod, I walked upstairs almost immediately, the door seemingly open which caught my attention. When I peered inside, he appeared to be watching some kind of coffee jelly show on his TV.
Not stepping inside, I just gazed from the screen to my boyfriend who looked unbothered because he had his germanium ring on.

My lips pressed together and I felt really bad to be bothering him at a time like this- what happened at home was really stupid but it really bothered me.

When he looked over his shoulders at me with his half-lidded eyes, I knew he noticed my presence so I stepped in with a small purse of my lips.
"Hey,"

"..."

Since he has his ring on he had to use his mouth to talk which made me smile a little to myself. "Hi." He took his ring off and put it on his desk.
"I forgot that I couldn't telepathically communicate so it took me a bit to notice."

He walked towards his bed and sat down, the TV still playing in the background as he motioned for me to sit beside him. Obliging to his request, I plopped next to him on the bed.

"What's wrong? You look like you've been cryin- oh..."
Kusou cut himself off halfway, his eyes hidden behind his greenish glasses.

I looked the other way, not settling on a proper thing to say.

"You know that you shouldn't be ashamed of that, right? You're autistic, love. You can't help it."

The little petname Kusou used made me feel a little giddy and his face reddened a tad bit once he realized his usage of the petname.
"Still... I feel so bad for getting upset at my mom for touching the stuff in my room. I get that she was trying to just reorder some things but I don't like when my stuff is placed differently than how I originally had it..."
The words spilled out of my mouth, slightly relaxing on the bed as Kusuo listened intently.

"Nothing to feel bad about. You can't help it, and that's okay. I understand, y/n."

My eyebrows furrowed and I couldn't help but feel as if he was mocking me. I mean, was he?

"Not mocking you, love. I'm trying to reassure you that what you're feeling is completely okay." His hands reached for mine and he neared them before planting soft kisses on them, from finger to finger.
My heart just barely stopped at the sight.

"Being neurodivergent is a part of who you are, you're still you in the end. My boyfriend; Y/n." Kusuo's eyes closed and his breath slanted across my knuckles, heart pinching again.
"Communicate with your mom about it, tell her that you don't appreciate your stuff being touched or organized without your knowledge and that it makes you upset. Don't be ashamed to express it to her."

His reassuring words made my tense shoulders ease as I thought about it.
My reaction would have been getting angry if it was anyone else, but it was my mom so instead I had a meltdown....

"Take it easy on yourself."
A smile quirked on his lips and my eyes squinted in response due to the pleasant feeling of being so loved by him.

"My love for you is beyond words I could ever say or my actions."

Chest tightening at his exchange, I leaned in and hovered my lips over his own. Knowing that Kusou was always the one to initiate physical contact first, I knew that as his partner, I shouldn't neglect him.
"I return those words to you by tenfold."

(I find it so ironic that Kusuo and Yato share the same voice actor)