🪷 ᴋᴜꜱᴜᴋᴇ

The power of Tech

Saiki Kusuke x Fem!reader

Requested by zhonglisimp9000

I promise I'm getting to the requests one by one, so if your request still hasn't been fulfilled I'm working on it through and through. ♡

(Fluff)

________________________

"Okay this piece here... And that there..."

"No no, it should be right over here because it's compatible with the electric charge- See how it's positive over there? That's where you need it most."

Blond hair that swoops Infront of his right eye, dirty green hues, a smile that could give you the creeps... I was partnered up with none other than Saiki Kusuke who was a total genius when it came to Science and Technology throughout Tech school. I felt like a complete noob in his presence but I understood more than anyone that he was merely just on a different level than everyone else.

Although at times I feel like I should've been working with someone my level, it was kind of entertaining and informative to work with someone like Kusuke. So, a part of me is thankful.

"Right..." My hands fidget around with the power supply as I bit my tongue and tried to focus.

However...

His gaze on my hands like that left me quivering.

I don't work well when someone else is watching, it feels like I end up messing up whenever that is the case; I end up blaming it on my nervousness, but it's really unnamed to feel this way whenever he is watching.

It brings a tad of comfort, though at the same time I just want to tell him to give me some space to work on it. But he's the one who corrects me whenever I miss a step or anything along those lines.

"Here, Y/n, let me help." He offered while his hands suddenly cupped my own, feeling the softness of his calloused fingertips gliding along the back of my hand.
It left me pursing my lips and swallowing a lump in my throat as I just let him be.

His hands were warm. Warm like a cosy blanket in a chilly afternoon, where the blanket is unneeded but you still want to be underneath it.

I shouldn't have thought of it like that, that sounds wrong.

My eyes followed his fingers that were twisting with the lightbulb in my palms, the wires weirdly entangled in-between my fingers that went through his own.

"Your hands are cold." He whispered, yet didn't spare me a glance as he kept working on the task at hand.

"Your hands are sweaty." I retorted with a small smirk of my own which made him blink a couple of times before a low chuckle escaped him.

That gesture had me smiling with flushed cheeks, not being able to control how warm my face got.

Of course, what do you expect? This man had me head over heels for him with these actions. What girl wouldn't be?

But I wouldn't dare say something like this out loud. It's too embarrassing.

This makes me think of a conversation we had months ago...

"So, y/n, your type is boys who don't care for you?"

"It sounds awful when you put it like that! I meant as in guys who aren't a complete pushover, you know?"

To think that a smart boy would be talking about casual teenage topics with her had the girl be taken aback.
She didn't expect him to make a comment about her type, but at the same time, what should she expect from him?

Her pupils dilated and her brows snapped together when he grinned and teasingly leaned in close. "So, am I your type?"

"In your dreams." The girl's eyes rolled and her hand had shoved his face away because he was getting close to her personal bubble.

Oh if only he knew. He was more than just her type, maybe it was that bluntness of his that got her going. That mouth of his has no filter whatsoever and it's bewildering to Y/n, she wasn't used to it but it was a nice change of pace.

To think that at times she was at his dorm hanging out and studying which led to... More studying. The hopeless girl only could hope that at times he would just make a move. He has been giving her signals, but she could always be reading it wrong. The girl wasn't an airhead. Just hesitant.

Everytime she'd hang out at either her or his dorm, she'd think that he would get into a mood- something more with innuendo intentions. But no, how wrong she was. They were college students after all, it was only natural for her to think of these things.

His slim fingers, his lean body... Everytime he would narrow his eyes and smirk. And she would think to herself 'God damn it, Saiki Kusuke.'

Now was no different with their fingers intertwined as he helped her.

My eyes lowered and I could only stare at how our hands were coiled together, wanting to let out an exhale but kept my jaw clenched.

Was this really necessary? My heart is about to burst out of my chest!

Chewing on my lip, he seemed to be leaning from behind closer to the point I literally felt his breath down my neck which had me squeezing my eyes shut.

That low chuckle from him made me snap back to reality, but he hadn't moved an inch, his head close to the side of my neck. "You think I don't notice the way you look at me?"
Instantaneously, my mouth gaped and I looked at him over my shoulder.

"You're so adorable, especially when you stare at me with those lustful eyes whenever we're alone together." Kusuke's lips curved into a deeper smile, almost too eerie for my liking. It made me swallow hard.
My throat felt too parched, I couldn't utter a word. He has caught me red handed. It was better off when it seemed as if he didn't notice!...

"If you really felt that way about me, you should've said something, n/n."

N/n...? Did he just...? He...

My thoughts were now a jumbled mess. All because of him.

"No matter," The blondie started off while massaging my hands in his own, his nose nuzzling into my h/c hair. "From now on, I'm going to take good care of you, pretty girl. I want you to be mine. I just want to be your sweetheart."