chapter 24

"there gonna be looking for us." maggie said

"we've got to get back, can you walk?" rick asked

"we got a car a few miles out." rick added

"I'm good" glenn replied

"all right." rick said

maggie and rick helped glenn up on feet. daryl came over to rick.

"if-- if merles around I need to seem him." daryl said

"not now. we're in hostile territory." rick said

"he's my brother I ain't-" daryl was cut off

"look at what he did! look, we gotta--we gotta get out of here, now." rick said

"maybe I can talk to him. maybe I can work something out." daryl pleaded

"no, no. no. you're not thinking straight. look, no matter what they say, they're hurt. glenn can barely walk. how are we gonna make it out.? if we get over run by walkers or thos governor catches up to us? I need you. are you with me?" rick said

"yeah." daryl said

everyone lined up on the wall and rick counted down to three.

"1"

"2"

"3"

daryl opened the door and threw something out. he waited for it to go off before he threw another one.

the area smoked up and we all came out of the building we were in.

I followed closely behind rick, someone spotted us and rick started shooting at them.

gun fire filled the air, the people who were outside started running.

rick took down at least 2 of the people who were gaurding the gate from up top. daryl turned around to shoot the people who'd try and sneak up behind us.

"go! get cover!" rick yelled

we all made out way over to where rick had pointed us towards.

"how many?" rick tried yelling over all the gun fire

"I don't know!" oscar yelled

"doesn't matter, there will be more of 'em. we need to move." daryl said

"any grenades left?" rick asked

"uh-huh." daryl said

"get 'em ready, we gotta gun it to the wall." rick said

maggie turned the corner slightly and shot off some rounds. she turned back and daryl was giving a gun to glenn.

"you guys go ahead. I'm gonna lay down some cover fire. " daryl said

"no, we gotta say together." maggie said

"it's too hairy. I'll be right behind you." daryl said

he grabbed something and stood up.

"ready?" daryl asked

daryl threw it and someone yelled 'bomb!'

we moved out and headed for the main gate. it was fogy so it was harder to see but luckily maggie was helping me.

oscar jumped on the hood of the bus and helped glenn up. oscar was shot and he'd fallen off the bus. maggie got down to make sure he was okay but he wasn't moving.

maggie yelled for rick a few times but she didn't get a reply.

maggie tried calling out to rick a few more times. nothing. she stood up and shot oscar and helped me up on the bus so I could get over.

once I was up I offered maggie my hand and pulled her up. we both went over the wall and waited.

the sound of gun fire was still in the air.

Rick took the lead and took us to the edge of some trees.

Glenn was grabbing his stomach and bending over. Maggie placed her hand on his back and looked around.

There were some people up top looking around with these big flashlights.

"Come on, Daryl." Rick said

The bush next to us rustled and we all looked over to see what it was.

It was kinda just a lady, she had darker skin and she seemed to be crawling out from under something.

Rick got up and cocked his gun at her.

"Where the hell were you?" Rick asked

The lady got on her feet and backed up a little.

"Up your hands up." Rick said

"Turn around." Rick added

The lady turned around and was now facing Maggie who'd had a gun pointed at her.

Rick took her katana and moved back with his gun still pointed at his head.

He eventually put down his gun.

"Get what you came for?" Rick asked

"Where are the rest of your people?" The lady said not answering ricks question

"They got Oscar." Glenn said

Was everyone just pointing a gun at this woman..? I'm really confused.

"Daryl is missing. You didn't see him?" Maggie said

"If anything happens to him--" Rick said but was cut off by the woman

"I brought you here to save them." The lady said

"Thanks for the help." Rick said sarcastically

"You'll need help to get them back to the prison or to go back in there for Daryl. Either way, you need me." The last said

We made our way back in, less people were on look out.

We followed the cheering that could probably be heard from outside the walls.

Maggie got up on a higher level and set off a few gun shots.

Rick there come smoke bombs and people were now screaming and running all over the place.

I stayed behind Rick and watched, people were firing blindly and at the same time trying to get the civilians out of the danger zone.

Daryl and merle had run past us and Rick told us to come on.

I turned around and followed both of them.

I had my gun in my right hand and took it off safety just in case.

When I looked back the smoke had sort of cleared and I saw a man.

He had short brown hair and some bandage over his left eye. He was holding a gun in his left hand and his right hand was holding some sort of rag.

Who..is he.?

I apologize for not uploading for quite some time, finals are over and I'm on Christmas break right now, also. My uploading schedule had changed.

Uploading chapters will be two or three times a week. I haven't mapped out the days I'll be uploading so just expect 1-2 more chapters this week.

Anyways, have a good rest of your day or night.

Word count: 1028