𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

It had now been over a month of Isla and Chris being official, and the two couldn't be happier

It had now been over a month of Isla and Chris being official, and the two couldn't be happier. Ever since they got together, both of them truly just felt more free. They both felt like they could be their authentic self around each other, now that they weren't having to constantly hide the fact that they had feelings for each other.

Something that Chris liked to do often, was invite Isla over- sometimes with no plan on what they would even do. On some days, they would lay in his bed on their phones, or watching TV, but they always seemed to love it. They both would much rather be in each other's company doing nothing, rather than doing nothing alone.

On a random Friday night, Chris got bored of being alone, and so he invited Isla over. Once she came over, he invited her to his room.

And of course, they had no plans on what they would do that night. At first, they just scrolled through their phones separately, yet while they were in each other's arms. Chris had his arm draped around Isla's waist and had her pulled in close to him, while Isla had her head rested on Chris's shoulder.

But then something popped into Chris's mind, something that he had forgotten about for a bit- ever since prom night.

"Hey, have you talked to Marcus at all?" Chris asked, breaking the comfortable silence between the two. Isla looked up to Chris, as they both set down their phones.

Isla chuckled. "That's kinda a random question." She sat up on Chris's bed, Chris doing the same. He removed his arm around her for a moment to sit up straight, then put it back in its original place once he was done.

"Yeah, I dunno. Just randomly thought of him." Chris shrugged, truthfully. He knew he trusted that even if she had heard from him, Isla wouldn't have done anything behind Chris's back.

Trust played a big part in Chris and Isla's relationship. The two always had valued being able to talk over stuff, and trust one another on everything, even when they were only just friends.

"Well, he texted me about a week ago." Isla sighed.

"Oh. How come you didn't tell me?" Chris frowned. He wasn't mad at all, just confused on why she would keep this from him. Nonetheless, Chris was still willing to listen to what her explanation was. He always knew it was important to listen to the full story first.

"I don't know, I just didn't think it was important. I blocked him after too if it makes you feel better." Isla mumbled, and Chris nodded to show he was listening.

"What'd he say?" Chris asked.

"Basically a bunch of bullshit about how I belong with him, and about how you hurt me or whatever even though he doesn't have the full story.. just stupid shit." Isla shrugged.

"Yeah. That's kinda dumb that he thinks he has a right or something to say all that stuff." Chris thought for a moment.

"I agree." Isla nodded. "But I'm sorry for not telling you, I'm not sure why I didn't- it's not like I even replied or anything, I just read the texts then blocked him." Isla apologized, suddenly feeling guilty.