chapter thirty

Isla quickly awoke from her sleep, as her alarm blared in her ears.

"Fuck." She muttered under her breath, beginning to get and get ready for the day.

It was a Monday, almost a week after Isla's step father had passed away. She had taken the last few days off of school, for her mental health. Over the weekend, she had visited the Sturniolo's and they were extremely kind to her, just as she could have expected.

The Sturniolo family was always there for Isla. Whenever she was having a rough time at home, she could just stay the night at their house. They always welcomed her.

She sighed as she walked over to her closet, dreading the day ahead of her. She knew it would be best to go back to school, but she just didn't want to be reminded of her step father. She knew that if she went, everyone would be saying their sorry or whatever, and Isla just didn't want to focus on him right now.

She picked out some grey sweatpants and a cropped tank top, since she wanted to be comfortable. Once she finished changing, she went into her bathroom to put on makeup, brush her teeth and do her hair.

Isla was in the middle of brushing her hair, when she heard her phone ding.

She checked her notifications to see that Delilah had texted her.

___________________________________

Del💘
Isla♾️

Del💘
Heyy
Are u going to school today??

Isla♾️
Yeah
I'm getting ready now

Del💘
Yayy
Im glad to see your coming back to school, I think this will be good for you <3
Liked by Isla♾️
___________________________________

Isla smiled at the triplets as they picked her up from her house.

Nick hugged Isla as she sat next to him in Matt's car. "I missed you." He grinned.

She grinned back. "Missed you more."

Matt looked up at Isla through the rearview mirror. "Yeah, I missed having you on our car rides to school. Who else is gonna tell Nick and Chris to shut the hell up when their arguing like toddlers?" He chuckled.

Nick scoffed in offense at Matt.

Chris giggled. "Hey, he's not wrong though Nick." He turned to Isla. "I missed you, Iz." He smiled at the girl, instantly making her heart rate increase.

Once Isla got to school, she walked over to her locker to get out her textbooks for the day. Once she arrived at her locker, she was greeted by Jay, Stella, Fallon, and Delilah. She had already walked to her locker with the triplets, and so her whole friend group was with her.

They were pretty early that morning, and had a few minutes to spare.

Once Jay, Stella and Fallon saw Isla, they all ran over to her and hugged her.

"We heard what happened. We're so sorry." Stella said to Isla, engulfing her in a hug.

"Yeah. It's horrible." Jay agreed.

"I hope the best for your mom." Fallon smiled at her.

Everyone was overwhelming her. This was exactly what she didn't want. She didn't want everyone to freak out and surround her, and bring the situation more attention she didn't want at the moment.