chapter thirty eight

"What the actual fuck, Chris?" A voice scoffed.

Chris and Isla both turned to the voice as quick as whiplash, and were both immediately panicked. Of course, it was the last person Chris would have wanted to have seen that.

Scar glared at the two of them, a disgusted look plastered on her face. She tightly gripped her red solo cup, practically about to break the cup in half out of anger.

The worst part was, throughout their entire relationship Scar had been skeptical over the two, and Chris always told her not to worry. But here she was, finding them both drunk and, well.. as much as she hates to admit it, about to kiss.

Chris quickly jumped off the counter, walking towards Scar. "Just give me a chance to explain." Chris says, trying to reach his arm out to her shoulder.

She backs away before he can touch her. "No." Scar shakes her head. "Oh my god, I'm so fucking dumb." She says under her breath.

"Scar, just give me a chance to explain, please! It wasn't what it looked like." Chris pleads, and Isla swiftly walks out of the room, not wanting to hear the rest of their conversation.

Isla's eyes begin to fill up with tears as she walked down the halls alone, looking for a familiar face, any familiar face.

What was she doing? What the hell got into her? She shook her head at herself, as tears began to trickle down her cheeks. Chris was drunk for gods sake, and she tried kissing him? He has a girlfriend! But the part that hurt her most for some reason, was that the second that scar walked in, it seemed as if all Chris's goal was to explain himself to Scar. Plus, his explanation was that "it wasn't what it looked like." But it was. The two of them both knew that, and so did Scar. They both knew what would have happened if Scar didn't walk into the room just then. But he chose to deny it. That hurt her.

"Then what was it, huh Chris? What are you going to tell me you two were doing? Because it looked like you two were pretty damn close. God, I'm such an idiot. I always knew you had feelings for her." Scar closed her eyes in frustration, rubbing her temples in an attempt to calm herself down. But of course, it didn't work.

Chris sighed, as he started to understand her side. There was no point in denying it anymore, there was no point of lying. He needed to man up, and finally tell the truth.

"Listen, I know that the last thing you probably wanna do is talk to me right now, but I just need you to hear me out for a second. Just listen to what I have to say." He begged, and Scar caved in.

"Okay. Fine. You only get a minute though." She sighed.

"But not here." Chris looked around the room, as people walked in to get drinks. He didn't want anyone else hearing this.

Scar's eyebrows furrowed. "Uhm, okay then."

He grabbed her wrist and lead her to the bathroom, and closed the door behind them.

"Really, your gonna take me to a bathroom to explain?" Scar scoffed.

"Oh whatever. It's the only empty place." Chris shrugged. "Listen..." he took a deep breath, preparing himself to open up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, and I know I'm an asshole. I'm aware, and what I've done is wrong." Chris sighed.