chapter eight

Jay was driving to the Sturniolo's house to see Nick, and he was nervous as fuck. He'd been ignoring him for a week, but now he had to talk to him about the weird feelings he's been having.

Before Jay got out, he mentally prepared for the conversation awaiting with nick. He started to take some deep breaths to calm down his nerves, and then looked down. His hands were shaking. He didn't even know why he was so nervous, and he didn't know why every time he looked at Nick in the past week he felt nauseous. He felt like he could never talk to him again, and the thought made his stomach churn. But here he was, parked outside of his house.

Jay awoke from his haze and bolted up to look at his window when he heard a knock. Outside his window, was Nick standing there. He was smiling slightly, and motioning for Jay to turn down his window so they could talk.

The window rolled down.

"So, are you just gonna stay in here the whole time? Come out, you wanted to come over. You need to tell me what's been up with you lately, I'm worried for you Jay." Nick told Jay, nodding his head over to his front door, so Jay would come inside.

Jay took a deep breath. He gave the weakest smile he could muster, and headed out his car and walked into Nick's house.

Jay said hi to Matt, Chris, and his parents, and then headed up to Nick's room. Chris and Matt gave him slightly weird looks, since they didn't know Jay was coming over, especially that it was just to go talk with Nick. Nick opened his door, letting Jay in. The two say down on Nick's bed awkwardly, not saying anything for a while.

Nick was extremely concerned for Jay. He didn't know what was going on with him recently, just that something was wrong. Jay had been ignoring him, for what, Nick didn't know. But, Nick assumed he did something wrong and wanted to fix whatever problems they had as soon as possible, so that they could go back to how they were before all of this.

Nick sighed. "Jay, can you just tell me what's wrong? Did I do something to upset you? Because I just want you to know, staying silent and randomly ghosting me isn't going to help. If we have a problem, you need to come to me so we can talk it out."

Jay was surprised by what Nick said. He didn't expect Nick to think he was mad at him or that he did something wrong, he didn't even stop and think twice about what Nick would think when he ghosted him. But he did it anyways, and now realized it probably wasn't the best choice to ignore his thoughts and feelings.

"No I'm not mad at you at all. It's not like that. I just.." Jay started, hesitating.

Nicks eyebrows furrowed, not understanding where Jay was going with this. He nodded for Jay to continue.

"I just.. sometimes I don't feel like everybody else. I feel different, like somethings wrong with me. I feel like an outsider, like I don't belong. My whole life I've never had feelings for a girl. The one girl I did date I never truly liked. I just wanted to fit in. That's all I've ever wanted, was to just fit in. Why am I not normal?" Jay vented, and the words came out of his mouth before he could even think. It felt good, finally telling Nick the thoughts he thought he couldn't ever do. At first, the words came out fast, then slowed down. Without even knowing it, tears began to run down jays face. At what time, he didn't know. He was so lost in expressing himself that he didn't realize until he saw Nick wiping his tears.

At first, Nick didn't know what Jay was talking about. But then he realized. He understood then, what Jay was talking about. He almost understood it a little too well, as it took him back to memories from 8th grade he had tried to forget. He had always wondered why he was so different too, and had Jay's exact thoughts. So, as he wiped away Jay's tear stained face, he felt true empathy for his best friend sitting before him.

Nick didn't say anything at first, he wanted to give Jay a few minutes to cool off. So, he placed Jay's head in his lap and stroked his hair, while Jay began to take deep breaths.

When Jay was ready to talk again, he sat up.

"Can.. can you not tell anybody about this, please?" Jay asked, his voice breaking.

Nicks heart broke at the fact that Jay even had to ask. Of course he wouldn't tell anybody, he knew better to. He would never do that to Jay.

"Yes. Of course not." Nick answered.

"I don't even think I know what I was talking about half of the time. Please ignore it-" Jay started, and Nick cut him off.

"Jay, it's okay. I understand." As Nick looked over at Jay, he could see his face soften.

Nick had only said a few words, but one stood out to Jay. Understand. The way Nick looked at him, Jay could tell Nick knew exactly why he was thinking all of those thoughts. On some level, Jay knew too. But Nick understood that Jay wasn't fully ready to come to terms with it just yet. That made Jay comfortable, it made him feel like he could always trust Nick. It made him feel like there wasn't anybody else Jay would rather be around.

Jay scooted down on nicks bed and began to rest his head in Nick's lap again. He quickly fell asleep, comfortable with Nick and the silence around them.

After a little while of Jay being asleep, Nick pulled out his phone. He was sure to turn it on silent, to make sure he didn't wake up Jay.

Nick was startled to say the least when his bedroom door opened. He saw Chris standing outside.

But Chris didn't look at Nick, more so the boy asleep in his lap. Chris looked up to Nick, and cocked an eyebrow.

Nick shook his head.

Chris started smirking, and took out his phone to take a picture of the two. He laughed quietly (in order to not wake up Jay) as he looked at the picture he took. Nick was glaring at the camera, and flipping it off with one hand, while the other was in Jay's hair. 

___________________________________
Guys I'm sorry the last few chapters is all about Jay, but I just want to build up the plot and characters a little bit. Dw tho we will get much more Chris and Isla moments soon..
Until next time <3
Love you!!

Stxrniolo.triplets
🫀