chapter twenty

"Hey.. Stella, can we talk?" Fallon asked nervously.

"Sure.. is something up?" Stella asked, concerned.

"Well, I just have a question for you.. and I don't want to bother you because I've already asked before but have you told your parents about us yet?"

Stella frowned, and stopped right in her tracks. Stella had extremely homophobic parents, and as much as she would love to tell her parents about her and Fallon, she can't. She cares so much for Fallon, and thinks that she's the best girlfriend ever, but her parents would react so badly. Her mom once made a joke that if she was lesbian they would kick her out of their house, and Stella definitely didn't want to find out whether she was serious about that or not.

Fallon stopped walking too. They were walking to Stella's house, since Stella had just stayed the night at Fallon's.

"No. You know I can't though. You know why." Stella reminded her, and she hoped to quickly change the subject.

But Fallon had other plans, and she wanted to keep talking about it. "Why not just get over with it?"

"Fallon, you know why. You don't even need to ask me that." Stela shook her head.

"What, because your scared?" Fallon sneered. "What's the worst they'll do to you? Come on, don't you just want to get it out in the open? It'll feel better." Fallon's tone changed quickly.

"No, no I'm good." Stella shrugged it off.

"Or is it just because you don't want people to know about us? Are you ashamed or something? Because I've been trying to not tell anyone because you asked me to, but now I'm worried it's because you just don't want anybody to find out." Fallon accused.

"What? No of course not. I'm not ashamed of you, but you out of all people know my home situation." Stella replied, hurt.

"And you should know better than to call me scared. That's just fucked up, you know that?" Stella shook her head and began to walk away, until she was stopped with a hand on her shoulder.

"Wait! I didn't mean that.. I'm sorry. Your right." Fallon apologized.

Stella scoffed at Fallon. "No, there's no need to apologize. I just need space, okay?"

Fallon nodded defeatedly, and watched as Stella walked away.
___________________________________

Instead of walking back to her house, Stella decided to walk to Isla's house. She'd been a few times before, as her, Delilah, Isla and Fallon had a few sleepovers there before.

As Stella was walking, she decided to text Isla and let her know she was coming in advance.

She wanted to come over because she needed somebody to talk to about the whole situation, as it was stressing her out.

Her and Fallon had never gotten into a fight, not ever. Sometimes they had small disagreements but they always worked it out in the end. Something about this time though, made Stella a little scared. Like this fight was bad, worse than anything else.

Stella knocked on Isla's door, to which Delilah answered.

"Hey girl! I saw your text to Isla. I was already staying here tonight, and your totally welcome to join." Delilah gave her a warm smile, and hugged her.