chaper nine

Markus was at Chris's house.

That was something Chris would have never expected to happen in a million years, but here he is, in the Sturniolo's kitchen snacking on all of the last pizza bites.

The fact that he was here made Chris mad, because he wasn't even invited. He walked in on the group making plans to go over to the triplet's house, and asked if he could come. Obviously nobody could even say no to him (because who the hell does that) and so here he was.

Markus had been getting on Chris's nerves all evening, and it was apparent to everyone. Even clueless Isla could see this time that he was annoyed.

While everyone was in the living room, Chris and Markus were alone in kitchen to get a snack. The silence was extremely awkward for the both of them, especially Markus.

"Hey, Chris?" Markus called out to get Chris's attention.

Chris hummed in response as he searched through his fridge.

"Do you like.. have a problem with me or something?"

Well, obviously.

Chris frowned and closed the fridge to face him.

"Why would you think that?" Chris asked, even though it was obvious. Chris always gave him death glares, and never talked to him. He practically ignored him.

Markus sighed. "I think you know why."

Chris's brows furrowed in confusion. He was acting dumb about not hating him, but he was confused now. Chris didn't know why he hated Markus, he just did. From the moment he met him, he got a bad feeling from him.

"No, I don't. Why are you saying 'I think you know why?'"Chris asked, curious.

Markus chuckled. "Never mind then I guess."

Chris rolled his eyes. "Don't do that, you were saying something."

Markus sighed. "I mean, because you like Isla you idiot."

Chris started laughing, in pure shock. This guy waltzed into Isla's life, and then all the sudden is saying Chris likes her? Seriously, who does this guy think he is. He must be joking.

"Hey, I just saying. It would be a valid reason to hate me." Markus shrugged.

So he really was serious.

Chris shook his head. "No, no. You've got it wrong, trust me. I don't like Isla like that. We're just friends."

"Whatever you say.." Markus trailed off, clearly not believing Chris.

Chris frowned. Now he was getting annoyed. Who is this guy coming in and saying absurd things like he likes his best friend?

"I don't like her. Got that?" Chris's tone changed.

"Sure you don't. With the way you look at her, it's so obvious." He pressed.

"I don't look at her in any way."

"Okay. Just forget it then." Markus shrugged.

Chris shook his head. He was beyond mad.

"The reason I brought it up though was because I wanted to know if it's okay with you if I ask Isla out on a date. But from your earlier reaction, I'm assuming it's fine." Markus murmured.

"Yeah, it's fine. You don't don't need my blessing or some shit." Chris sneered. He said it was fine, but it wasn't. Chris seriously didn't think Isla should talk to Markus, nonetheless date him.

But he didn't say anything. All he wants is for Isla to be happy, and if he makes her happy then so be it. Chris didn't want to get in his way.
___________________________________