chapter forty four

Isla and Delilah walked to lunch together, chatting while doing so.

The second they arrived at the lunch table, the two sat together. They both immediately noticed an odd difference between Nick and Jay- which both of them had been noticing recently. Isla and Delilah both just hadn't voiced their opinions to each other about it yet, and they gave each other a knowing look that said they would talk later about it.

It was still awkward between Chris and Isla, and the two had still been ignoring each other. It was now two weeks since the party, since they had gotten into the argument.

It was also one day away from prom, which meant that the entire school population was buzzing about it.

And god, did that piss off Isla. All she wanted to do was just finally forget about the stupid prom, but here she was, getting reminded of it for what felt like every second of the day.

And of course, since Stella and Fallon were dating, and Matt and Delilah were dating, both couples couldn't shut up about the upcoming event.

Which Isla couldn't really blame them, she supposed. But it just was sort of annoying to get it shoved into her face all the time that they had dated and she didn't.

Matt and Delilah were going to be corresponding their outfits, and so were Stella and Fallon. They were all talking about where they got their outfits from, and Delilah mentioned how she had gotten her dress from her grandmother's boutique.

Delilah noticed that Isla seemed to be in a weird mood though, and she decided to pull her away for a second.

The two aimlessly walked the halls, and Delilah asked if everything was alright.

"You seemed tense. Is everything okay? You can talk to me." Delilah smiled at her best friend.

Isla sighed. "Yeah, I guess it just sucks to hear all this shit about prom.." she trailed off.

Delilah nodded. "You know.. it's not too late to go, right?"

Isla burst out laughing. "You're joking right? I don't have a dress or anything. I don't even have a date." She muttered.

"So what? I can help you get a dress, and besides, you don't need a date." Delilah shrugged.

Isla thought for a moment. "Well how am I supposed to get a dress in such short notice? There's gonna be no good dresses left anywhere." Isla sighed.

"Remember earlier when I mentioned that I got my dress from my grandma's boutique?" She asked, and Isla nodded.

"Well, I bet she still has some dresses left. And it's not like they'll be the ones that are left over because nobody else wanted them or something, because she's constantly restocking them." Delilah smiled.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to look.." Isla gave in, and Delilah's eyes widened.

"So you're going?!" She exclaimed, stopping in her tracks.

Isla stopped too. "Maybe." She said, and Delilah squealed in excitement.

"Hey, don't get too excited, or I won't go. No promises." Isla joked, and the two laughed before planning on checking out the boutique later on.
________________________________