chapter forty six

"Please, Iz? Just give me a few minutes, I just wanna talk about some stuff." He begged. "We both know we need to talk." He added on after.

Isla knew he was right. She took a deep breath, and turned around in her chair, standing up. "Fine. Only a few minutes, that's it." She gave in, and Chris couldn't be happier.

"Let's go outside though, I can't stand all the music." Isla sighed, and Chris nodded.

He could barely even hold his excitement as he followed the girl outside, taking a deep breath before opening the door to step outside with her.

The second he stood outside though, he realized it was pouring rain. Like Seriously pouring. This was odd though, since it didn't seem like it was going to rain earlier, and it wasn't on the forecast.

But neither of them cared. They both stood in the pouring rain, gazing at one another until Isla finally decided to speak up.

"So, what'd you need to tell me? I really hope I didn't just get my hair all soaked for nothing." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry." Chris muttered, scratching his neck awkwardly.

"So..?" Isla asked impatiently, crossing her arms.

"Uhm.." Chris began to stutter on his words. He had so many things he had planned to say to her, so much he had been wanting to just finally tell her after months. But when the time came, it seemed impossible. Now that he had the chance, he didn't know where to even start.

"Can you just hurry up please? It's freezing." Isla muttered, shivering in the freezing cold. "Besides, don't you need to give those flowers to your girlfriend?" She scoffed.

Chris's cheeks turned red as he looked down to the flowers in his hand.

"What? My girlfriend-?" Chris asked confusedly, and Isla cut him off.

"Don't act like you don't know what I mean." She rolled her eyes once again.

"No Iz, I seriously don't."

"Sure.." she trailed off.

"Wait.. do you mean Scar?" Chris suddenly asked.

"Yeah, no shit. Who else?" She asked, her arms crossed.

"No, I'm not with Scar anymore." Chris shook his head.

"Really? Sure seemed like it that night of the party. You sure they're not for her?" She tested, raising an eyebrow.

This pissed off Chris. All he was trying to do was just explain himself, but god was Isla making that hard for him.

"They're not for Scar." He gritted through his teeth.

"Hm? Then who? Some new girl?" She raised an eyebrow, not giving up the act.

"No Isla, they're for you." His voice remained harsh, as he shoved the flowers in her arms.

"What?" Was all she asked.

He'd never called her Isla before. Not once out of the ten years that he's known her has he ever called her anything but Iz. And god, did that make her heart rate go up the second she saw his aggravated expression.