#4: King of the Nerds

"Hey Amethyst! Don't you ever sleep in here!" Chime bawled and went back to reading a darn boring book.

How the hell did she resist falling asleep while reading it? While me, only a minute had passed I yawned several times like my body is telling me to quit reading that crap and sleep. I supposed my past life and my present soul wasn't really friends with books.

I then diverted my gaze to the two freakos in front of us which were even hell serious on reading fiction craps. Urgh, am I the only one here that's not into books? Am I supposed to be called alien now?

I just fished my phone out of my pocket and plugged my earphones then played a music in full volume.

The music somehow helped me to read a single page. That's an achievement for me.

I was still in the middle of processing the words I read in my mind when Ericka tapped my shoulder then they pointed the exit so I just nod even though I didn't know what the hell did she said. I think that they get some snack and come back for me.

My mind was miraculously enthusiastic on this book that I'm reading. Well, actually it's a simple English story but not that deep like Nicholas Sparks and Shakespeare stories. My mind couldn't afford to understand deep American English.

I paused and diverted my gaze in front when I feel someone sat on the table I was reading at. My eyes widen and mentally jaw dropped when I saw Trevon-- I mean Trevor this close.

He rest his head on his palm and lazily flipped the pages. He doesn't really read the book, he just flipped it like trice now. What the hell is wrong with this drop-dead handsome nerdy slash genius version of Trevon?

I paused the music and unplugged it on my ears. My mind set on the story I was reading diverted when this dude came to the story. Because I lose the enthusiastic mood to read this crap again, I just looked at him like he's the most interesting dude I've seen in my entire life.

He looked at me with a frown in his face but he continued flipping the pages of the book. He's somehow weird.

"I already memorized this book just reading it once." Is that for real? How the hell can he do that? He's handsomely insane!

I snapped my fingers when I remembered something about his scenario.

"Aha! You do have a photographic memory, am I right?" I confidently said. I have seen a documentary about that somewhere in tv and in the widely corners of the internet.

"Photographic memory doesn't really exist. The intuitive notion of a photographic memory is that it is just like a photograph. You can retrieve it from your memory at will and examine it in detail, zooming in on different parts. But a true photographic memory in this sense has never been proved to exist.

Most of us do have a kind of photographic memory, in that most people's memory for visual material is much better and more detailed than our recall of most other kinds of material. For instance, most of us remember a face much more easily than the name associated with that face. But this isn't really a photographic memory; it just shows us the normal difference between types of memory."

I just felt an invisible red liquid running down my nose after hearing his explanation. Okay, I won't even bother having a debate with him obviously I wouldn't able to win my side if ever.

Even though I've had a thing for photographic memories and such but hell! I can't do or even have a debate with him. I can't even merely defend myself.

So my advice to myself? Don't mess with the King of the Nerds.

I just nod and get myself busy with my phone. He went back on flipping the pages but in another book. Don't tell me he already memorized that thick book?

"Where the goddamn hell are those freakos?" I stared at the front door of the library and wished that the freakos would show up.

"They told you that they'll go to their next class. You haven't heard that for your music was in full volume." I face palmed.

Oh gods Tee. Why didn't I even bother unplugging my earphones when Ericka said something. I've ended up waited here for nothing. Stupid me.

I placed back the book that I've read on its respective shelf and went straight to the exit. I saw Trevor placed back his borrowed book on the shelf and seemingly followed me. Anyways I saw him walked with me at my peripheral view.

"By the way, are the people here not confused about you and your twin?" I asked since I feel comfortable talking with him. That's odd but anyways, he's a big catch so I'd get the opportunity. Lol, just kidding.

"Honestly speaking, you and my brother's football league are the only people who knew about us; being twins." What? Are you kidding me?

"Is it for real?" he nod.

"They actually thought that Trevon have two personalities and teleportation powers." teleportation powers? Oh gods. He also have a thing for sense of humor. Major turn on.

"Would I keep it a secret?" I was surprised when he shook his head.

"No need. It's not that a big deal to keep it a secret. Anyways, they'll know it as a matter of fact." He got a point in there. Eventually all of my school mate would know his existence and the fact that Trevon has a twin since there's a lot of gossip makers and weird stalker that may find it out and spread the news like a wild fire.

His phone vibrated also indicates that someone's calling so he fished it out of his pocket and answered the call.

I just diverted my gaze on the other direction just to have him his privacy with his call. I notice they are all looking at me and probably talking about me since I'm with Trevon's twin (but more like Trevon himself in their eyes sibce they haven't know the truth.

I just rolled my eyes at the back of my mind. But anyways, why the hell am I with this dude in the first place? A thought suddenly crossed my mind, you're an introvert Tee. And you are not supposed to have contacts with high profiled dudes or even have connections with them.

"I'll go ahead." I said and didn't even bother to wait him to say a single word.

I walked to nowhere and mentally pulled my hair off my head. Stupid Tee. Your plans of being an introvert for life is starting to fall into pieces. Go get yourself a life Tee. This is not darn healthy.