Secrets almost told

On the other side, Zoro was panicking. Luffy had done it again! He has once again recklessly got himself in trouble. Was the idiot trying to kill himself? Didn't he know that he was not feeling well? Heck, even Zoro can tell that he was hiding his pain with those low hisses which were coming out of his mouth.

Not to mention, the idiot in all his pain, stood up to fight with Laboon. Seriously, they really needed to recruit a doctor before Luffy's reckless killed himself. Which means soon.

Zoro resurfaced for the second time, taking a huge gulp of air before diving back. Luffy had fallen to the sea just mere seconds before him and yet he was miraculously missing. Zoro was getting worried as each passing second. The teen was already sick and with the sea water licking his wounds, he is not sure how that would be affecting him.

Zoro gritted his teeth when he felt his lungs screaming for air. He needed to go once again to the surface, but something stopped him. He decided to go a little more down, when he finally saw light in the ocean. He decided to move towards it, when he finally saw the sick boy. He was floating in the middle, with his mouth open, curving at the edges to portray the smile which was etched on his face. The light which had guided him there was coming from none other than Luffy.

Thousands of questions spiraled in his brain, as he got hold of the glowing teen. He really wishes it's not too late. Feeling heavy weights strapped to himself, Zoro started to swim upwards as fast as he could. He didn't feel the urge to take a breath anymore. He didn't feel the darkness which were starting to cloud his vision. All he could see was the light which was paving a way for him to the surface.

With a gasp, Zoro finally came to the surface, gently plopping the teen on the ground.

"Thanks Zoro." Luffy spoke scaring everyone, who had thought that the boy would be unconscious.

"DON'T YOU DARE SCARE US AGAIN, YOU IDIOT!" Zoro yelled as he wrung his shirt to get rid of the saline water.

"Shishishishishi!" Luffy laughed freely, as he stood on his legs, displaying his skinny body, devoid of any cuts, scratches or wounds to everyone. Hell, the boy was completely dry, as if he had never fallen in the ocean in the first place. He also looked like he had more energy than before, as if he hadn't been ever sick.

"How is it possible?!" Nami whispered under her breath as she took in Luffy's condition.

"What?" Luffy asked owlishly.

"Your wounds. They have healed." Crocus replied, eyeing the brat intently.

Luffy smiled, before speaking in a hushed tone. "It's a secret! Shishishishishi!"

Zoro watched Luffy. He knew something was wrong with his captain. The way he was floating in the ocean, the way he tended to emit light in the darkness, the golden blood in his veins, the tattoos with sand which he always tends to get after nights, his disappearances in the night, and his healing ability. They were a complete mystery to him. A mystery which he wanted to solve, and yet he couldn't.

He remembers the first time when Luffy fell in to the water, his smiling face which showed peace. He couldn't exactly tell if the teen was either confident that he would not die or was not afraid to die. Which one was it for Luffy?

He watched with a bottle of booze, which he stole from the shitty cook, as Luffy got paints from Usopp and began marking the whale as his. Giving him a symbol of their flag and making Laboon promise not to bash his head on the Red Line ever again. He watched as Luffy's smile made Laboon's pain wither slowly. A part of his mind reminded Zoro that it was the same for all of them. Luffy was their savior, despite his reckless behavior.