A hopeful liar

"What? You left the treasure behind?!" Nami shrieked leaning over her boat. "I gave you half of it!! That's five million beli!"

"Yeah, but the village required it more than we needed it!" Luffy answered as he tried to back away from Nami who was radiating a murderous aura.

"That was my treasure!" Nami cried, jumping onto Luffy's and Zoro's boat. The small boat swayed dangerously due to Nami as well as the ocean, which demanded her child for inspection. Nami didn't have to threaten Luffy any further as he fell into the ocean.

"Idiot!!!" Zoro yelled out as he dived in right after Luffy while Nami watched them with confusion.

For the first few seconds, Zoro didn't find Luffy. The thought of his captain being drowned unsettled him. The kid had a wound on his chest, which was bleeding and wasn't bandaged even. And hell, he had to straight off fall in the seawater! This was the worse Zoro could have ever thought.

A few moments earlier, as Luffy feel in his mother's gentle arms, he grinned. The wound on his chest didn't bother him much but he knew his mother would patch him up soon. He felt like a baby. His powers were not strong yet to heal himself, which made him pout and his mother chuckle at him. His mother's safe arms wrapped around him, caressing his wound and removing the blood trail.

Warmth exploded within him, making him smile softly and cherish the memory. Maybe he can sleep in the waters when they reach an island even though he had spent a week with his mother, while coming to Dawn Island alone, there was always a longing to be with her and spend as much time possible in her embrace.

On the other side, Zoro dived in deeper and finally found Luffy who was falling deeper into the ocean with a soft smile etched on his face and arms stretched wide as if he was relaxing. The boy was not even trying to swim! Zoro quickly caught him and started swimming upward feeling him being resisted by someone until they popped out of the surface.

"Don't scare me, stupid idiot!!" Zoro yelled, throwing the rubber boy on the deck gently despite his words. The boy in question just laughed it off, showing that he wasn't even facing any difficulty in breathing.

"Don't you know how to swim?" Nami questioned controlling her anger and feeling sorry.

"Nope!" Luffy answered whil holding his hat.

"You should clean the wound." Nami spoke as she retreated to her own boat to find a first aid kit box. She doubted that the reckless idiots would have one.

"Done!" Luffy replied with his signature D grin, making Nami halt in her path and turn towards the teen. Even Zoro stopped to wring his shirt to get the sea water out and look at him with narrowed eyes.

"Done?" They both asked together. Luffy grinned and threw his shirt over his head and showed his perfectly, woundless and scarless chest and cheeks, shocking both Zoro and Nami, whose eyes went as wide as plates.

"How is that possible?" Zoro questioned out in shock finding nothing where once the wound was.

"I heal fast." Luffy answered with a shrug. It was the only lie he could tell easily. Most probably 'cause it was true, but the fact that his mother helped him in healing was left unsaid.

"Okay!" Zoro replied with a sigh knowing he wouldn't be getting more than this from the rubber boy.

"Wh-What is that?" Nami inquired as her eyes grew wide and changed into that of bellies.

"What?" Luffy asked following Nami's gaze to his necklace. He held that with his hands and pouted at Nami and told. "These are my treasures."

"Treasures?" Nami asked, nearly drooling on the jewels Luffy wore. In his neck was a necklace which contained a beautiful red shinny crystal and a brilliant sky blue feather. In his left wrist, were bracelets made of sea shells and pearls.