The sun can burn

⚠: Contains intense stuffs! Read at your own risks. ⚠

"UWOOOOOOOO!!!!" The pirates below yelled raising their weapons and looking far scarier than before.

"No way!" Nami gasped in shock. "They were all shaky just a while ago." Nami flinched as she saw a pirate punch a rock and break it into pieces. Even Zoro was shocked and Usopp started trembling, not wishing to fight them at all.

"How did they gain so much strength?!" Zoro asked with confusion.

"They have really been hypnotized!" Nami shrieked in fear.

"If just one guy can crush the rock-" Usopp started but was unable to finish as a rumble of thunder echoed in the skies, halting every pirate and making them flinch at the loud rumbling.

"What the heck?!" Nami shouted. There were no signs of any storms to come right now and this one doesn't even look good! The temperature had also suddenly dropped, giving her goosebumps all over the body. The sky was turning blood red, and streaks of lightning, which were starting to form in the sky were announcing the arrival of a blood-sucking thunderstorm. It was a terrifying sight.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" The pirates below started screaming, fear engulfing their whole body. In all this commotion, a faint beating of drums was heard, which started getting louder and louder and louder making Zoro, Nami and Usopp turn towards the source and find Luffy who was all still.

"Luffy!?" Zoro asked but his eyes widened at what he saw next.

Luffy's hair strands were getting whiter and whiter slowly. And if that didn't scare the shit out of Usopp and Nami then the fact that his hair, which was starting to float made them want to crawl under a stone and never get out. The feeling that they were standing before a predator who could skin them alive scared every one of them.

Luffy was standing still, no one could see him moving a single muscle even. He seemed to be glowing too! It was so bizarre and then all of a sudden he started laughing..

"SHISHISHISHISHISHISHISHI!!" Luffy's- no Nika's- laughter rang amid the thundering clouds, which made everyone cover their ears, trying their best to block and protect their eardrums from exploding. His laughter was as loud as the thunder itself!

Luffy's bangs lifted to show the reddish eyes that would haunt some of them for all their lives, but to some it almost looked mesmerizing and ethereal. Zoro didn't even know what he was seeing. He didn't know if the person who was standing in place of Luffy was even him! Luffy was acting nothing like himself. He was laughing weirdly, with one hand on his stomach and the other covering his eyes, but still leaving a gap for the reddish eyes to peek through.

Nika removed his palms from his eyes with a snap, making the onlookers feel that his hand didn't have any bones at all. It was a sight they thought they would never get used to.

"Shishishishishishi!!!" Nika laughed wild and free, as he looked at the weaklings which were begging him to toy with them.

"Let's have fun!" Nika's voice boomed, with the black and red lightning sparking from his body. The clouds roared as if responding to his call and the ground freaking bounced under him, in the process flinging him to the pathetic excuse of pirates.

The thunder played on his drum beats echoing throughout the shore, throughout the island, throughout the East Blue, throughout-

Suddenly a huge wave crashed onto him, silencing the entire place where the life-taking, howling thunder once rolled. The sky started to clear away once more. The wave took Luffy with it to the shore, drowning him, and silencing him.