Frienemies

"We don't have time to look for him!" Nami chided the blue haired girl, who was refusing to climb onto the ship for a silly reason. They can't stay on the Island for too long. Who knows when the Baroque Works would decide to attack them?

"I am not going to just leave him here!" Vivi retorted, running her gaze everywhere worriedly.

"But listen-!" Nami was about to talk some sense into the princess when another voice butted in their conversation.

"Hey! What's the problem?!" Zoro asked, looking at the two bickering women.

"Apparently her duck's gone missing and now she is refusing to leave without him!" Nami provided Zoro and turned back to reason with the princess.

"Oh! Are you talking about this guy?" Luffy asked as he appeared out of nowhere, petting the head of the kind duck, which was giving him a free ride, which in turn allowed Zoro to move freely and assist Sanji and Usopp in getting Merry ready to set sail.

"He's here?!" Nami and Vivi yelled in unison.

"Carried Luffy all the way back here!" Zoro said pointing at the duck, who lifted his one arm in the air to his owner and quacked. When they were leaving the tavern, the duck was standing just near by and had blocked their way, to just look at Luffy who was peaking at the duck from Zoro's shoulder. That had been weird when the duck quacked once more and began nudging on Luffy as if it wanted to carry Luffy or had declared him as his friend. It was really strange to see that. 

"There's a tributary just up the river. If we take it, we can get out of here faster!" Vivi provided as she began climbing on the ship, having no reason to stay on the Island anymore.

"Let's set sail!" Luffy cheered, as the ship began to thread the waters.

"Hey, how many people do you think Baroque Works will send after us?" Zoro asked as he approached the princess who was sitting beside her duck.

"I am not sure. I know there are about 2000 loyal employees in Baroque Works, and I know there are certain bases like this one set up in some other areas." Vivi informed the group.

"You really mean they could send a thousand people after us?!" Nami asked with wide eyes to Vivi.

"Will anyone explain to us what the hell is going on?!" Sanji asked as he chewed on the butt of his cigarette angrily. The mosshead had refused to answer what was going on and not to mention, Luffy had given them orders, which he uses rarely.

"Can't we have just stayed there for one more night?!" Usopp asked the next, not wanting to focus on Nami's words of thousands of people going to come after them.

"The town was full of amazing and cute girls!" Sanji gushed thinking of the lovely ladies he had the chance to meet. Ah, what will he not do to spend such a lovely night with beautiful and charming ladies?

"Who knows if we can ever have this much fun again!" Usopp yelled out the next. Why were they leaving? Why was Nami talking about a thousand people coming after them?! He didn't understand and that is why he wanted to stay on the paradise of the Island they were leaving from.

"Even pirates deserve a vacation!" Sanji supported Usopp, wanting to stay in the company of the lovely ladies.

"We should have just left them there," Zoro spoke irritatedly before looking at Luffy who was sitting on the figurehead with his eyes closed as if he was concentrating on something.

He noted belatedly that there was no yelling coming out from the duo anymore, which really eased him. He saw Nami coming out from the upper deck and connected the dots of why the duo was not yelling anymore.