Chapter 16: scared

Emma's POV
I was so screwed.

"Emma! Answer me!" Liam scolded me, pocketing my phone and stepping closer to me.

I was very glad that Alex wasn't home because this situation would have been much worse with his presence.

I froze, not knowing what to say, and Alex and Noah were the ones who usually scolded me, so it was strange seeing Liam so angry at me.

Cole slowly got off his chair and tried to walk away.
"Freeze," Liam said coldly, turning towards him.

"Get your ass over here. Now." He told him.

While the focus was on him, I tried to walk away as well, but that was a mistake, because Liam grabbed my arm, bent me over the couch and gave me 3 smacks on my butt.

"Owww" I whined, rubbing my butt, knowing I would get much more soon.
"Did I ask you to leave?"

"No" I muttered.
"Stand there" he growled, pointing to the spot next to Cole.

"Give me your phone," he said, sticking his hand out.

He didn't argue, he unlocked his phone and handed it to Liam. He opened his Snapchat and saw the first chat. Opened 10 hours ago it read. Liam glanced at the clock and it was 10 am.
He glared at Cole fiercely.

"Let me guess, you both decided it was a good idea to sneak into Alex's room, take your phones, and stay on them until midnight?!" He scolded us, raising his voice.
We both stayed silent, looking at our feet.

"Look at me, before both your asses are sore, before you're even punished" he threatened us, and we looked up immediately.

"Now answer me! Did you or did you not?" He asked us angrily.
"We did" we both muttered simultaneously.

He looked furious, but before he could answer, I heard Noah coming out from the gym.

Oh great.

Narrator's POV
At that moment, Noah came out from the gym all sweaty and saw Liam with his arms crossed over his chest, glaring at his siblings, who looked terrified.

"What's going on," he asked, as he was clueless.

"Our younger siblings thought it would be a fantastic idea to sneak into Alex's room, take their phones and stay on them till midnight" he stated, turning towards Noah.

"You what?!" Noah yelled at them, making Emma flinch. She inched towards Cole, she was terrified of Noah when he was angry, ever since the day he spanked her not too long ago.

"You both, go to your rooms, face the corner and don't you dare move" he ordered, pointing towards the stairs.

The two bolted upstairs and once they reached, Emma spoke up.

"I'm so sorry Cole, this is all my fault I'm the one who pushed you to do this, and I should have been careful about texting Steph downstairs" she wailed, not wanting him to be angry with her.
He sighed, "It's alright Emma, It's not your fault we got caught."

"But it is our fault we did this, so let's just face our punishment," he said matter-of-factly.
Just then they heard two sets of footsteps walking upstairs, so they bolted to their rooms.

Emma's POV
I got into the corner that Noah had sent me to last time, and just I stood there, regretting my actions.

A few minutes later, I heard my door open.
"Emma, come here"

It was Liam, the coldness In his voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Come outside, I and Noah need to talk to you both," he said coldly. He left my room and I followed.

Cole was already outside, Noah glaring at him, sitting on the couch. I stood next to him and Liam sat next to Noah.

"First of all, what were you both thinking? Alex takes your phones so you sleep at a reasonable time, it's not a punishment!" Noah scolded us.

"We've talked to Alex, and he agreed you both definitely need to be punished now, he doesn't want to wait. We are warning you, he is extremely angry with the both of you, especially since we don't know how long you've been doing this." Liam added, glaring at us.

"We only did it last night, we promise!" Cole pleaded, not wanting to be punished more than we deserved.

"Quiet, we aren't done," Liam said, shutting Cole up.

"We don't know how we can believe you, so we are going to punish you so you'll never do this again." He said.

"But we wanted to ask you, whose idea it was. Don't try and protect each other, lying will only get you in more trouble."

We looked at each other and made a silent agreement to just come clean.

"I was the one who told Emma where Alex hides our phones," Cole said.

"And I was the one who said we should take them back," I said, lowering my head.

"So where did the idea to take them to arise? Did a fairy come and slip the idea into your brains?" Liam asked sarcastically.

Cole dug his toes into the soft carpet. "I-I've taken my phone before, a few times before Emma even came here, but I swear to God this is the first time we've done it together." He said in a single breath, closing his eyes, not wanting to meet Noah's glare.

"You what?!" Noah asked furiously, standing up.
"Oh you are in for it young man, come with me!" Noah said, marching Cole up to his room.

I was shocked that Cole had admitted all that, Noah looked furious, I felt extremely bad for him, and then I felt bad for myself because I remembered I had to be punished as well.

Liam stood up, still angry, but not as much as Noah was.

"Come on young lady, back in the corner, I'll be right there," he said, going down the stairs, and I did just that.

A minute later he came to my room, he didn't say anything, but he put his hand on my shoulder and spun me around to face him.

I was afraid to meet his eyes, so I didn't, but then I saw his hand, which was holding a wooden spoon.
Oh no.