Chapter 61: confrontation

Later that evening, Cole comes into my room.
"What are you doing?" He asked, amused.
"Throwing my hairbrush away," I say simply.
"And why? He snorted.

"So I can't be spanked with it" I explain, pulling the actual hairbrush part out of my hairbrush, making it seem broken before throwing it in the trash. A bit sad, it was a really pretty hairbrush, but the sacrifice would be worth it.

"You do realise if you don't have your hairbrush they'll just use the wooden spoon?" Cole says, laughing.

"Shit" I mutter.

"Great plan, dumbass," he says, lying on my bed.
"What are you even doing here?" I ask, annoyed.
"Did you see what Jamie posted?" Cole asked me, handing me my phone.

I gulp. I unlock it and check my Instagram. I stare at his newest post in horror. It was a picture of him and Megan getting frozen yoghurt! Why were they together?? Why did he post it? Why are they standing so close? I was panicking, when Cole spoke up. "See the caption," he said, coldly.

I hesitantly read it.
The best things in life are the sweetest🤍@megs_myers

"The actual hell?" I shriek, pacing around my room.
"He's an absolute douche, Emma, you need to break up with his sorry ass" Cole grumbles.

"I didn't even tell you what happened today, did I?" I realise.
"No.." he says, sitting up and looking at me.

I sigh. "Promise you won't kill him?"
"Can't promise that" he grumbles, and I glare at him.
"Fine," he says, rolling his eyes.

I sit beside him, playing with my nails while telling him in detail exactly what happened. To say he was livid was an absolute understatement.

"The fuck is wrong with that kid?" He boomed, getting off of my bed and started pacing just like how I was a couple of minutes ago.

"I don't know either. He's usually a sweetheart" I say sadly.
"Sweetheart my ass" he grumbled. "Please tell me you punched him"
I shake my head, "I told you, I just left"

"You're stupid if you don't break up with him. They clearly like each other, and he's treating you like shit, Emma" he scolds.

"I will, I just.. he's only been like this since Megan came"

"That doesn't change anything! That's no excuse for treating you like he did, he's not going to stop. It's just going to get worse Emma. I don't care if he was 'nice' before because he's a jackass now." He exclaimed.

"I know," I say sadly.

He sighs, and his expression softens. "Listen, it's his loss, not yours. You're annoying, but you deserve way better than him. I can be there when you do it, if you'd like" he offers, sitting back next to you.

I smile a bit. "I think you'd knock him out before I could even speak"
He smiles back. "Definitely"

"And don't you dare listen to what he said about you earlier, he has no idea what he's talking about. I've seen the kid, you're way healthier than he is, anyway. Eat what you want, it's none of his fucking business"

I smile again. I knew Jamie was out of line, but someone immediately agreeing with me without a second thought made me feel way better.

"I won't," I tell him, and he relaxes a bit, before raising a brow.
"Wait, if you didn't eat anything at the restaurant.."

"Nah, I ate when I got home, I was starving," I tell him.
"Okay, good," he says, lying back on my bed again.

The next morning, I am once again, incredibly nervous. I don't even know if I want to break up with Jamie. Has he even done anything break-up worthy?