Chapter 32

Hadrian has no idea if he is dead or floating. He thought about his mate,his dragon who was waiting for him in two different time zones. He let him down. He promised Draco that he would never leave him. His life was interconnected with him; what if he lost it...no, no, he can't... Hadrian felt some dampness in his hands. He tried to open his eyes, but they were heavy. He finally opened his eyes to see a blurry face. It took a few more seconds for him to realize who it was.

Was he dreaming or had he returned to his timeline?

''Dragon..." Hadrian murmured as he felt a body collide with his.  He inhaled his mate's delicious smell.

"Tell me it's not a dream...tell me I'm not dreaming..."

"You're alive and well in my arms..."
Hadrian tightened his grip on the blonde as the other mumbled.
They parted ways, and Hadrian looked around to realize that it wasn't their chamber, nor was it their room in the castle. He stared at Draco's traditional and Royal clothes...His eyes widened as he realized he was still in the past. Why is he still here if he successfully severed the link connecting his mate and Astoria?

'I believe the most pressing issue is, 'How are you still alive?'
Draconian spoke in the other's thoughts, and Hadrian looked at his mate in shock.

"You can hear my thoughts...how?"

"I marked you... before I...I..." Draconian stammer.

"You bind our lives together..." Hadrian sighed as he realized what had happened.

"This time too I'm the reason you'll live a half life" . He went on to say in a low tone.

"Every time I choose you...it's far far better to live together than live in agony alone" . Draconian said in a slightly high tone and Hadrian looked at him in shock.

"You know....that I'm from..."

"From the future...yes, I glimpsed some of your memories when I tied us together...I was initially perplexed, but he...i mean Death verified it."

"Stay away from him" Hadrian growled.

"Jealous much...?" Draconian smirked.

"Concerned but yeah jealous too.." the other admitted without any hesitation.

"Glad to know" Draconian grinned.

"But no one can beat you in terms of jealousy, baby...may God save this body of mine," Hadrian chuckled.

Hearing Baby, Draconian's cheek fleshed out. To avoid smiling, he bit his inner cheek.

"What happened after i passed out?" Hadrian inquired.

"Someone came and talked with death; they performed some sort of ritual..."

"Who...?" Hadrian asked in confusion.

"I don't know maybe his accomplice..I was first suspicious, but they persuaded me that this was our only hope. They explained the ritual to me. I was willing to go to any length to get you back. So I marked you."

"Are you okay...?the last time you did it, you went into a coma" Hadrian said, concerned.

"I'm perfectly fine. This time, I believe the creature is powerful enough to handle it. We took you to my castle, and I've already told your parents... they'll be there soon." Draconian went on to explain, and the other guy nodded.

"What about her...?" Hadrian spoke in a monotone tone.

"In the dungeon...your father might want to talk to her properly," Draconian answered,and Hadrian nodded.

"I've to go back.." Hadrian mumbled.

"I know..." Draconian said with a smile.
"I'm waiting for you on the other side right..?" He added

"Yes...if i hadn't returned soon he'll hex me for sure" The blonde chuckled as Hadrian spoke.

"Then I should better start focusing on my anger issues..."

"No...Dragon you're perfect the way you're...never change" Hadrian kissed his mate on the cheek.

"Death instructed me to contact him when you decide to leave," Draconian explained.

"Hmm..."

"Should I call him...?" Draconian inquired of his comrade.

"I think he already knows"

"Well said, Hyperion," Death said as he appeared out of nowhere.

"Who is Hyperion...?" Hadrian inquired, perplexed.

"Don't tell me you come here without knowing your own identity" . Death laughed.

"I was in a hurry to repair the damage you caused before it was too late," Hadrian said as Death lifted his hands in defeat.

"Can you handle the situation...while I'm away?" Hadrian inquired of his mate, who smiled and nodded.

"You're not leaving me you're here with me remember...so don't worry about the situation here and go back...you may already know that i hate waiting" Draconian smiled.

Hadrian hugged his mate, and death stared at their hands, seeing a strong red line in their fingers that bound them for all eternity.

'For the first time in my life, I'm delighted I was incorrect about something.' Death thought to himself, smiling.
.
.
Hadrian was sitting on the bed with Draconian alongside him.

"Are you ready...?"

Death inquired, and the raven's head nodded. Death took his hand in his and put it on Hadrian's chest. A bright light shone into the room, and Hadrian passed out on the bed.

"Don't worry, he'll wake up as your Hyperion." Death said, and the blonde nodded without looking at him.

"I think it's time for me to say goodbye...I know you'll never forgive me for what I did to you Draconian, but believe me, I deeply regret it." Death gave a gloomy smile.

"I'll not sugar coat anything you hurt me and hurt my mate...but you also fixed it somehow...and from what I knew about the future you helped my mate and saved his life...that clears it" Draconian remarked in a low voice.

"Very well...so I'll take my leave now" .

"But....You're welcome to visit us at any time," Draconian said, and death came to a halt.

"You're inviting Death to visit you?" Death inquired, perplexed.

Death expected Draconian to never want to see him again because of what he did and no matter what he is the 'death', which no one wishes to cross ways in their lifetime.

"Yes...if you want to.." Draconian responded.

"It would be my honor, prince," Death murmured, feeling genuinely happy for the first time in his dreadful life, before disappearing into the black cloud.

Draconian turned to face his mate, who had stirred and opened his eyes.

"Welcome to the land of living my mate..." The other person's eyes widened in surprise as Draconian grinned.

"Mate," whispered the raven head.

"Yes mate...i know you have a lot of questions but please shut up and kiss me first..." Draconian smirked.

"Gladly.." Hyperion smirked back and instantly joined their lips with passion.