Chapter 28

Draco was nervously pacing around the room. He was meant to be at class, but when his and Hadrian's connection went out, he panicked. He definitely told the raven head not to block the bond. Draco exhaled heavily when he saw his partner was unharmed when the door suddenly opened. He rushed over to hug his mate.

"I'm fine...Dragon," murmured Hadrian.

"I know now..." Draco said, breaking the grip.

"I told you not to close the link..." Draco whisper yelled to his mate in anger.

"It wasn't me....Death...He did that" . Hadrian lifted his hands in defeat.

"Explain," Draco asked solemnly.

"Dragon...love...hear me...I have to get somewhere."

"Where ..?" Draco raised his brow.

"I can't tell you that...but it's kinda urgent so..."

"You're not making any sense, Hadrian."

Hadrian sighed. When Draco uses Hadrian's first name, he knows things won't end well.

"Love.... pay attention...Death requires my assistance in resolving an issue. It's also for our future... Let's say our future depends on this....that's why he's here... I can't tell you more....but I need to go somewhere for that."

"Ok so when are we leaving...?" Draco inquired.

"Um... about that..." Hadrian scarched his nape and Draco realised that his mate was planning to go without him.

"No...no way... I'm coming with you," Draco said.

"I can't take you with me....i already made a deal with Death.…. I'm sorry dragon" . Hadrian said in a pleading tone.

"I don't care what you told him...I'm going to stay with you even if it means going to the end of the world," Draco exclaimed.

"Sh...sh...Calm down ok..." Hadrian softly hugged his mate. "Trust me, Dragon....I need you to have faith in me in this... I'm doing it for us...and I'll be back...I swear." He went on to say.

Draco said nothing but cried silently in his friend's arms. He's no fool, from the whole situation he already understood that his mate is definitely putting his life in danger, and Draco has no idea what happened between his partner and Death.

"When are you going to leave...?" Draco asked, brushing away his tears.

"Now... we're running out of time"

"Raven...."

"I promise I'll be back....only 3 days... trust me ok"

"What about our family...?" Draco doesn't care if he seems weak now. He can't lose his mate at any cost. Guilt strike like a thunder and shattered Hadrian after seeing his mate like this. Last time he saw his mate like this was when he refused their bond and he promised his mate that he'll never leave his side.

"I already sent them a message...I wanted to meet you before I leave," Hadrian said with a strained smile.

"I don't like the way you're doing it...it feels like a goodby...um"

Hadrian placed his hand over Draco's mouth before he could finish.

"Don't say that.... I'll be back...even if I have to burn the world I'll come back to you" . He gently kissed his mate's lips.

"You're scaring me... love"

"Dragon'.... I'll be back in three days, and I want you to look after yourself and our family in the meantime...and when I return, I want to spend the rest of my life with you..." Hadrian stated.

"We're already together...love," whispered Draco but his eyes widened in surprise as Hadrian smiled and kneeled on the floor.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy Riddle, you know I'm not good with words or romantic like my father," he said, and Draco nodded in tears with a smile.
"I know our story wasn't sunshine and rainbows from the beginning, but I promise I'll take care of you and love you no matter what.... so when I come back will you marry me and make me your husband?" Hadrian said, and Draco started crying. He immediately bent down and hugged his mate tightly.

"I thought it would take you at least ten years to propose to me... I'm happy you're quick for the first time in your life raven...." Draco said after wiping his tears.

"So is that a yes....?" Hadrian asked with a smile.

"Draco answered, "Yes..... Yes Mr Hadrian Severus Riddle nèe prince.... I'll marry you," and Hadrian smashed their lips together.

"You Better brought a ring soon...." Draco laughed.

"Actually....I do," Hadrian said as he summoned a velvet red box. Which has a lovely emerald green ring on it. He took the ring and placed it onto his mate's delicate form.

"It's beautiful....you have this all this time..." Draco gazed at his companion with curious eyes.

"I brought when i realised you're my mate...i wasn't sure about my fate...and never thought we would end up together...still brought it for you...as a symbol of our bond" . Hadrian replied. Draco's eyes welled up with fresh tears. He leaned forward and kissed his friend on the forehead.

"I love you...." He mumbled.

"I love you more..." Hadrian wisheped.
.
.
.
.
Hadrian was staring at the door that leads to the past. Where he needs to go to make things right.

"Take this..." Death gave him with a book.

"What is this..?"

"This is Draconis's life story....your  mate... This will provide you with information about him...and after you pass through the door, you will awaken in your prior self. Reach the 'City of Elysium' wherever you are. That's where Draco is getting married."

"He's not marrying anyone else but me," Hadrian gritted his teeth. "Remember our deal... I'll undo the mess you created in the past and you'll protect my mate here" He went on to say.

"You have my word on it," Death said firmly.
"And congratulations by the way..." Death smiled warmly at Hadrian, who said nothing but nodded slightly and opened the door.

"Trust destiny, Hadrian...find a way," Death yelled as Hadrian disappeared through the door.

"Please make it back" Death spoke at the now-closed door.