Chapter 15

Snape was doing everything he could to help his son, but Hadrian's condition was getting worse by the hour. Draco appeared broken as he stood trapped in a corner. Tom spoke with every great magician in search of a cure. In the Wizarding world, the Mark of Death was a legend. Nobody had ever seen it in person. They only knew that it couldn't be removed or relocated because it was placed by death itself.

Hermione barged through the door in panic.

"This can't be happening....not right now," she mumbled.

"You know about it....He told you right," Snape said, his voice tinged with rage.

"I...He made a promise"

"Hermione... please tell us." We're sure Hadrian told you something. Narcissa said to Hermione.

"I..."

"Tell me damn it...my son is here fighting for his life." I don't give a damn about your witty promise...Don't force me to use the potion, Hermione." Snape shouted.

"He made a deal with the death"

Hermione said with a deep breath and everyone else gasped in horror.

"What...?" The dark lord asked in disbelief.

"Hadrian lived a life as Harry Potter before this... that's how he learned the truth...it was tragic. So he made a deal with the Death to make him time travel here. In return he sold his lifespan"

"It can't possibly be..." Snape stumbled back. Even at the last minute, he had hopes of breaking the curse, but hearing about Hermione makes him feel like his world is ending.

" I told him to talk with you guys but he said he doesn't want you guys spending his last living moments in pain.But he had more time...much more, I swear....." Hermione was in tears.

"The killing curse..Tom said in a grave voice.

"Possible...." Lucius agreed.

"My child....."Snape hugged Tom and started crying.

"Summon the death..."Draco spoke in a grave tone.

"What... Draco?" Narcissa asked, her eyes wide. It's not easy to summon death. It means surrendering your life into the hands of death.

Draco turned away from his mother's voice and turned to face the dark lord.

Now that you're the king, all witches and wizards are at your mercy. Use their magic or whatever to summon death.

"That's not going to be easy." Lucius attempted to reason.

"I'm not asking for anything easy...my mate is dying." Draco screamed.

"Lucius... arrange the death Eaters" the dark lord told the blonde.

"But my lord"

"Do it NOW !!" The dark lord screamed and others in the room flinched apart from Snape and Draco.
.
.
.
The ritual was dangerous. Only Snape and the Malfoys remained in the room.

A light appeared in front of them, gradually changing into the image of death.

"Asking for death....I'm not sure if you're brave or foolish children of magic," Death said chillingly.

"I'm sorry for distributing you, great one," the dark lord apologized.

"I warned your son about the future...he was aware of the cost of the bargain, Dark Lord," Death said.

"I can't live without him... please tell me how I can save him."
Draco wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"Mate bond....never fails to amuse me." Death made his voice heard. "The mark cannot be removed or altered."