Chapter 31

Draconian slowly opened his eyes. He looked around and realized he wasn't in his chamber. Memories flooded his thoughts, jolting him awake. He was at North's abandoned temple.

"Are you awake...?" Hadrian inquired of the blonde, concerned.

"You evil creature...how dare you abduct me..?" Draconian yelled.

Hadrian inhaled deeply. He had anticipated this reaction.

"It wasn't my intention to kidnap you...but I couldn't help myself," Hadrian whispered.

"Let me go.." Draconian muttered, sensing the magical aura that surrounded him.

"Hear me out....Dragon..."

"Don't call me that...." Draconian growled.

"Why does it turn you on love..?"  Hadrian spoke in husky tone that sent shivers up the other's spine.

"Don't....just don't...you son of evil"

What is your problem with my father?" Hadrian inquired of the other.

"Don't ask me like you don't know it.."

'I genuinely don't know anything,' Hadrian thought.

"Please enlighten me my prince....in my mind my parents are the best" Hadrian said with a tight smile.

"Yeah, the demon who mastered all evil magic from dark wizards and murdered his mate's parents before marrying him and ascending to the throne of the kingdom is unquestionably the best father and king, and your other parent who betrayed and abandoned his own parents without remorse is unquestionably the best queen." Draconian scoffed.

Hadrian inhaled deeply. He has no idea what happened to his parents during this existence, but he is certain they had their reasons. Hadrian would have gladly had other's head if it had been someone else who spoke to him like this.

"Do you know why they did it?" Hadrian inquired, his face solemn.

"What else for power?" mocked Draconian.

"Do you hear or do you know?" Hadrian inquired once more.

"I..." stammered Draconian. He had only heard. He only heard the Stories and belived it. He never knew anything apart from that.

"Dragon, remember there's always more to the story that we don't know."

The door shattered as a result of a bursting sound. Hadrian turned over and saw Death standing there with a solemn expression. A woman was standing next to him. Astoria Greengrass was well-known to Hadrian. In his previous life, he had heard Draco was engaged to this woman. Now everything was making sense to Hadrian. In rage, he tightened his fist.

"Astoria... don't come near.." Draconian said to his fiancee. His kidnapper is the evil dark lord's son. He'd be a fool to underestimate his abilities.

"Don't be afraid, my prince... he'll do no harm under my watch," Death remarked, smirking.
Draconian observed the man with interest. He had only seen this man once with his mate. He identified himself as a wizard from east.

"Are you sure about that....Death.." Hadrian snarled. Death furrowed his brow. This wizard is aware of his identity, but how...? He puzzled. He attempted to peer into Hadrian's soul, but the other was shielded. That shield was placed by someone stronger like him to prevent his magic from doing harm to the other's life.

"Reverse the spell and I'll tell you how," smirked Hadrian. 

"There's no need for that because you'll die regardless."
Death struck Hadrian. He may be unable to murder the individual because of the shield which was somehow protecting his life from harmful magic. He can, however, severely damage him.