Chapter 17

Hadrian awoke early to find his mate soundly asleep on his chest. His heart melted at the sight. He kissed the other's forehead before placing him properly on the pillow. Hadrian did his morning routine and looked at his mate who was still sleeping.

"Love....wake up," Hadrian said as he gently stroked the other's head.

"Two minutes more...." Draco murmured in his sleep, which made Hadrian laugh.

"Wake up Professor Snape is here." Hadrian spoke and Draco jolted up immediately.

"I'm sorry uncle Sev...it was his fault" Draco yelled and Hadrian brust out laughing. Draco looked around in  confusion.

"You....snake" Draco gritted.

"Yours only, my dragon," Hadrian said as he kissed the other on the lips and Draco melted into the kiss.

"Get up, I'll help you with your bath..." Hadrian proposed.

"Hm...I think I can handle myself." Draco averted his gaze in embarrassment.

"There's nothing to hide.... I've already seen everything." Hadrian smirked as he carried the other to the bathroom.
.
.
.
Hadrian put Draco back to the bed and sent a message to the Malfoys and his parents informing them that Draco is awake. The door burst open, revealing a concerned Severus and Tom.

"Good morning" Draco greeted the dark lord and his God father.

Severus dashed over to hug his Godson.

"You scared us.... little Malfoy brat," he said to the smiling blonde.

"Are you okay now?" Tom inquired.

"Yes... I'm fine now," Malfoy responded.

"No, he isn't; he still has trouble walking. When he tried to walk, he almost fell on the bathroom floor."

Draco gave Hadrian a betrayed expression when he spoke.

"He had been unconscious for a month. "His body will need time to adjust," Tom said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, your father is correct....but I need to run an entire check up to understand better," Severus studied his God son attentively.

"I agree, but I think Draco and Hadrian should eat something first," Tom added to his companion.

"Yeah...we should give Draco something soft and easy to digest...and Hadrian, please stay with him...I'll go make something." Severus hugged his son goodbye and exited the room.

"Son, he's still weak...so no funny business." Tom smirked and walked out of the room.

"Dad...." Draco looked away in embarrassment as Hadrian whined.

Narcissa and Lucious arrived at the Slytherin mansion not long after. After seeing his son, Narcissa hugged and cried. Lucious wasn't any better. He may look to be a cold father, but he adored his son unconditionally.

"Draco, can you feel your creature?" Snape inquired after examining his vitals.

"Yes...but only barely," Draco responded.

"Hm...I guess my assumptions were correct...your creature is like a premature baby in an incubator." It's fragile. You need to relax properly and have your mate with you... it'll put your creature side at ease." Snape came to a conclusion.

"What about marking...?" Draco inquired of his Godfather.

"Someone is impatient," Tom chuckled to his son's ears, and Hadrian looked away.

"Hm...your creature isn't strong enough to handle Hadrian's mark...so you'll have to wait," Snape responded, and Draco sighed noticeably.

"Sev.... his creature will soon gain its powers, and Draco will face blood lust because he has already marked his mate... he'll try to seal the bond.... what about that?" Narcissa enquired of her dearest friend.

Snape took a big breath and said, "I'll figure something out."

"What kind of bloodlust...?" Hadrian inquired, confused, and everyone turned to gaze at him in disbelief.

"Is our Prince dumb?" Tom muttered.

"What you mean by.... don't tell me you've no idea about Draco's creature" Snape inquired.

"Um...no, I never imagined I'd end up with him...then he went into a coma....so"

"Our Prince is undeniably stupid," Tom grumbled.

"Draco is a vampire veela," said Narcissa.

"And vampire Veelas has a habit of drinking blood from their mate." Lucious elaborated.

"No problem, he can have as much as he wants," Hadrian said proudly.

Snape face palmed when he saw his son's proud expression.

"Salazar... He's worse than dumb..." Tom rolled his eyes.

"That doesn't work like that...." Narcissa spoke forward and looked to Snape for assistance. Snape looked at his mate, who sighed and nodded.

"Son we need to talk..." Tom dragged his son out of the room.
.
.
.
"Why did you bring me here" Hadrian asked his dad who was looking at the shelf searching for something.

"Here it is..." Tom picked a thick book and wiped dust from the cover before giving it to his son.

"Creature ancestral heritage and customs" Hadrian had a look at the title.

"You're going to need this one." Tom stated.

"You know how mating between two males works, right?" Hadrian choked on his breath as Tom inquired.

"Merlin... Dad!" screamed Hadrian, embarrassed.

"Don't Dad me...this is a very important part...there's no need to be embarrassed," Tom responded.

"Yes, I am aware of that," Hadrian answered.

"Good...So as Narcissa told you...your mate is a dominant vampire veela and they are extremely possessive and dangerous. You must exercise extreme caution."

Hadrian nodded in agreement.

"The most important aspect is that they will require blood on occasion in order to survive. They won't drink it from anyone else because they only trust their body with their mate. So, in your situation, Draco will only require your blood...but not in glass like you think...he'll drink it during mating...for sealing and strengthening the bond...it represents enormous intimacy and dedication from his side."

"Oh..." Hadrian was taken aback by the revelation.

"Now listen carefully son.....,Draco is a dominant one. He's already marked you as his...so his creature will be anxious to complete the bond because he thinks you're his sub... he'll go to any length to control you, which may anger your demon veela...but I feel you both can handle that aspect. The problem is that you are both too young to be in that kind of relationship...but his creature and his bloodlust might worsen matters

"This is a mess," groaned Hadrian.

"I'm sure your Papa will find a way to keep his creature in check until you both are old enough to handle the situation....I'm sure your Pa doesn't want an early teenage pregnancy in this house."

"We can use protection" Hadrian smirked.

"Try telling your Pa that" Tom smirked back.

"Um....I agree we're not old enough for that relationship" Hadrian suddenly replied with a horrific face and Tom laughed.