Chapter 10

Draco looked at the Slytherin mansion. Before entering, he took a large breath. It's been a day since Hadrian received his inheritance, and the other hadn't contacted him. Draco wasn't about to sit around and complain about his fate. For Merlin's sake, he is Draco Malfoy.

"Oh Draco came to visit Hadrian?" Tom asked as he spotted the blonde boy in the hallway.

"My lord..." Draco bowed respectfully.

"Don't bow child...you're my son's mate, you're like a son to me," Tom said with a smile.

"He's upstairs in his room." His friends came to see him."

Draco hurried upstairs after thanking the dark lord. When he opened the door, he saw Hadrian hugging Ginny. Draco felt furious at seeing the scene. In rage, he grasped his wand and cast a spell to remove Ginny from his mate. But, before the curse could take effect, Hadrian performed a counter spell that hit Draco.  Draco stumbled backwards as a result of the effect. His heart was torn apart by pain. He thought that when he met Hadrian, he would accept the bond. But it appears that he was never given a chance to begin with.

Hadrian's eyes widened in horror. He hadn't expected to see Draco. He just detected the spell and immediately cast a counter spell without thinking.

"Oh my goodness....Draco, are you okay?"
Ginny asked, concerned. She merely came to see Hadrian and clear the air between them. Hadrian had already told her that he didn't love her. It was difficult, but she accepted it. They hugged politely because she was leaving.

"Stay away from ME !!!" Draco roared.

"Draco," Hadrian warned, and Draco gave him a bitter look.

"What...? Do you want me to behave in front of your little girlfriend?"

Hadrian let out a sigh. "Ginny, leave us," he said to Ginny, who nodded and left the room.

"So she is the reason you never wanted me, right?" Draco asked with venom. "You've always had a thing for her...I was such a fool to think you'd accept me because I'm your mate," he added.

"Draco"

"Did she know you have a mate...or has she already accepted to be your sidekick?"

"You're crossing it, Draco...I haven't even accepted you as my mate," Hadrian said, and guilt spread over him.

"Right...you never accepted me as your mate...and you'll never accept me...it's just your creature side, isn't it..?...Who desires me?"

Hadrian clenched his eyes in pain...he took a deep breath...he had no choice.

"It took you a while to figure it out, Malfoy," he spat. " Or did you really think I, the royal prince, would accept you as my equal...i prefer someone who isn't controlling, more famine in my bed not some arrogant Malfoy kid...but don't worry I'll let my creature have you once in a while...but no, you'll never be my equal...my queen "

Draco slapped Hadrian across the face. His eyes were welling up with tears.

"You....I hate you..." Draco screamed and hurried from the room.

Hearing it, Hadrian's heart crushed into a million pieces...but he has to do it. Draco deserves happiness.

"Is that really necessary?"
Hermione asked. She came to check on them when she heard the sounds.

"Yes" Hadrian spoke in a firm tone.

"You love him" She said more like a statement.

"More reason to do it" Hadrian sighed.

"Talk to your fathers... maybe they will figure out something."

"They can't know...they're finally getting some happiness. I don't wanna ruin it"

"So what about your mate's happiness...you literally broke him now"

"He will be happy in future... Hermione i repeat...No one can know "Hadrian spoke and Harmonie nodded in defeat.

.
.
Hadrian looked out the window from his room. His chest was throbbing with pain. He can feel his creature clawing within his head, yelling for a mate...Draco the blonde. Hadrian's face lit up with a smile as he remembered his face. His constant laughing and making fun of him with an arrogant expression. He acted like a toddler throwing tantrums in order to get his attention. Hadrian knew he adored the blonde with all of his heart.

"Hadrian" Tom called his son.

"Yes Dad".

"Death eaters are fine now...we can proceed with your plans soon".

"That's good to hear"

"I have one more thing to discuss with you." The dark lord sat down and spoke sternly.
"When all of this is done, I want to throw a wedding," he explained.

"You and Papa..." Hadrian asked amused.

"Yes I may have marked him long ago but I never gave him a wedding which i promised him long ago" He sighed.

"That's wonderful... I'm gonna host the wedding of my parents" Hadrian hugged his father in happiness.

"I'm happy too...I want to gave him everything he deserves"

"Trust me Dad...Papa will be so happy"

"I hope so...You know years ago when i first saw your Papa he was deeply in love with another "

"Lilly?"

"Yes...you may already know that we demon Veelas can sence our mate before inheritance"

"Yes"

"But I wasn't aware of it at that time. I thought it was just an attraction. Even when he joined the death eaters, I watched helplessly in silence as he cried over that girl. I prayed for a chance to make him feel loved," Tom recalled with a smile. "We both received our inheritances on the same day. I remember....few days after I received my inheritance, everyone in the inner circle came to congratulate me. Sev was also present...the moment I laid my eyes on him, I grabbed him and brought him here."

"You claimed him right away..? Hadrian widened his eyes.

"Both of our creatures were in control... When I woke up he wasn't there and I was heartbroken thinking that he regretted everything that happened. On the other hand he thought only my creature side wanted him. We both were hopeless.It was the Malfoys who put some braincells into us and forced us to speak with each other which saved our relationship.

"You both are perfect for each other" Hadrian chuckled.

"That's what mates are son...Mates complete each other. Your papa told me that you and your mate were enimes in the past"

Hadrian chuckled...not enemies but  he liked to get on my nerves every time we met"

"Must be firece"

"You've no idea..."

"Does it bothers you that he's a dominant veela"

"No I like him that way" soon he spoke that words Hadrian looked away in embarrassment.

"Good to know" Tom smirked.

"Mate is a blessing, son...no matter what your circumstances are. You don't have to push everyone from your life when your life gets messy. your parents got your back remember that.Tom kissed his son's forehead lovingly. Hadrian wiped his tears and hugged his father.