Chapter 26

Draco awoke first the next morning to see his mate resting soundly on his chest with a tiny pout.

"The Ruthless prince they say..." Draco chuckled and kissed his mate on the forehead before heading to the restroom.

Hadrian woke up missing the warmth of his love. He groaned as he searched the bed with his eyes closed.

"Wake up...you have quddich practice before morning class" . As he dried his hair with a towel, Draco said.

"I cancelled all.. safety purposes" . Hadrian muttered in a hoarse tone.

"Oh..." Draco replied, he had forgotten about the incident from the day before.

"What did uncle Tom say...?" Draco enquired his mate.

"Same as we thought he'd say..." Hadrian replied.

"So we'll just have to wait...?" Draco asked more like a statement.

"Seems like that's the best option" . Hadrian let out a sigh.

"What about security?"

"I double-checked yesterday... everything is OK..." Hadrian said before exiting the bed.

"Be prepared...I believe they will introduce the new professor at breakfast...I also need to check on the new students." Draco let out a sigh.

"Won't Pancy will do it..?" Hadrian replied, hugging his mate from the back.

"Yeah...but I need to check it.. can't risk their safety" . Draco responded.

"Queen material," Hadrian said, kissing his mate on the cheek before heading to the restroom to freshen himself.
.
.
.

Draco later went to the Slytherin common room, while Hadrian went to the Griffendors common room. Hadrian arrived to see Ron arguing with Hermione about something. They both came to a halt when they recognized the Prince's presence. Ron greeted Hadrian and quickly exited the room.

"It doesn't seem like a lovers' quarrel to me," Hadrian said monotonously.

Ron had kept a safe distance from Hadrian after Molly's death. He doesn't hold Hadrian responsible for his mother's death. He understands that his family should have been exterminated for attempting to harm the prince, and that they are only alive because the prince gave them pity. Still he couldn't face Hadrian the way they used to.

"He doesn't want me becoming engaged in all of this...he wants to keep a low profile," Hermione groaned.

"Perhaps he's worried about you," Hadrian responded.

"Maybe.... being on your side and working as your first in command is something i chosed...i would like if he tried to understand me a bit more" Hadrian nodded as Hermione sighed. Hadrian knew how much Hermione is struggling between him and Ron. Even if she chooses to leave her duties one day Hadrian would allow it whole heartedly. But he also knows Hermione will always put her virtues before her love life.

"I miss those times when we three worked together" . She went on to say. She truly believed that Ron would come around with time. But it's been nearly two years since that incident, and Ron remains distant.

"How's new students...?" Hadrian inquired, attempting to divert the subject.

"Neville is looking after them," Hermione said.

"Have you detected anything unusual..?" Hadrian inquired.

"No... nothing at all...no traces...no clue nothing... if someone told me that Lupin had fainted due to high BP I'll trust that at this point" . Hermione let out a sigh.

"But we know he didn't," Hadrian chuckled.

"Don't worry Hermione....If they want me, as my father said, they'll find me...all we have to do is wait and prevent someone else from getting hurt," Hadrian stated, and Hermione nodded.

"Hermione... if anything happens, please evacuate the school immediately... I don't want anyone to be hurt." Hadrian went on to say.

"Yes, my prince," Hermione replied.
.
.
.
Hadrian sat at the Griffendors table, while Draco sat on the Slytherin side. McGonagall stood up and walked over to the podium.

"Dear Students...I have an announcement to make"

The students all gazed at her, puzzled, while Draco and Hadrian looked at each other.

'Must be about the new professor,' Draco said to Hadrian in his head, and the Raven head nodded.

"I'm sorry to announce that Professor RJ Lupin black will not be available for some time period to teaching Defence against Dark arts for some personal reasons" .

As soon as McGonagall delivered those words, there was murmuring around the chamber.

"Silence...." Making everyone halt, remarked McGonagall. She continued,

"But we've been fortunate enough to locate another professor who can fill Professor Black's shoes...so, with your permission, please welcome Mr. Dan Alexandris Vladimiri....your new professor for Defence against Dark arts.

McGonagall stated with zeal in her voice. Everyone turned to face the unexpectedly opened door. Hadrian and Draco gazed at the figure sluggishly. But soon their jaws fell in surprise as the figure's face emerged.

 But soon their jaws fell in surprise as the figure's face emerged

"Death..."

Draco spoke in a shaky tone. Hadrian was no better; he had only once seen death's human face. But that was a look he'll never forget.

"Long time no see'
Dan smirked with an evil grin as a voice burst into Hadrian's and Draco's heads.