39

* the next few chapters will he a tad bit steamy. Colson and Emmy are in the beginning stage of their "relationship" so they are exploring, understanding and finding out what they actually want. So mature content ahead*

*
*
*

I was woken up the next morning by giggles and jumping. When I rolled over I seen Ava smiling, holding her stuff animals. Behind her, laying on his back was Colson. When did he get in? I know we share a room but I swear my bedroom door was locked. I do it because of Ava.

"Get up mommy"! Ava laughed as a panda bear hit my face.

"Yeah Mommy. Time to get up". Colson chuckled and turned on his side to look at me.

"Colson said we can go to the fair tonight". Ava smiled as she climbed on top of me.

"Did he now?" I asked and turned to him. "You have a show". I spoke.

He shook his head.

"Not tonight. It's rehearsal, I skipped it". He smiled.

My days have been all over the place. I've been so distracted, I'm pretty sure I missed a deadline for one of the contracts. I'll have to talk to Brian.

"Oh and your phone was going off all morning. You're brother was calling you." He said and got up.

When Ava jumped off of me, she ran to the living room. I sat up and rubbed my face. When the bed dipped I pulled my hands back to see Colson.

"We have to talk". He spoke.

Oh no.

"Talk about what"? I asked and removed the blanket from my legs.

"Megan offered to keep things private as long as her name isn't brought into anything. Believe it or not, she's back with her ex-husband. He's not taking anything to the media as long as I don't bring Megan down". He said.

"Why would you bring Megan down"? I asked. "Or how would you"?

He looked at me, biting the inside of his cheek. "I can't make anything public with you."

That hurt.

Even if I wanted something serious with Colson, I couldn't even have that and for what? For her to be happy?

"That's kind of a smack in the face". I mumbled.

He nodded and moved closer as I laid back down.

"Sneaking around isn't bad. It's fun". He spoke and I laughed.

"That's an anxiety attack waiting to happen Colson. I don't do well with that."

He nodded. "I know, but that's why I'm going to help you. It's simple things really. When I leave, you wait a few minutes then go, no public affection, no public dates". He trailed on.

I sighed and when I went to get back up he pushed me back down.

"We have the privacy of our own hotel, the bunk on the bus, practically anywhere. It's not the end of the world" . He smirked and that's when his hand went under the blanket.

"Yes we have those things but not when our kids are here". I giggled and moved his hand, getting up this time.

I walked out to the kitchen area, seeing that coffee was made and smiled.

"Mommy, daddy said to call him. Can I call him"? She asked.

I filled a mug up and nodded. She grabbed my phone and hit the FaceTime. That's when it hit me. He can't see Colson. I walked over to her before she hit the call button.

"Dont tell daddy Colson is here, he can see him later okay. Its a surprise". I pleaded.

"Okay mommy". She smiled and that's when I heard his voice.

I set the mug down and ran over to the bedroom, turning back to Ava. If I tell her something is a surprise she keeps quiet about it. Normally

"Dont go out there, shes on the phone with Chris". I said as I walked into the bedroom.

Colson lifted his head from the pillow and nodded, lifting his hands to call me over. I smiled and walked over, crawling ontop of him.

"What I'd kill for, just to have you right now". He smirked.

"Calm down pretty boy. Nothing can happen with my daughter around." I spoke and traced my hand down his chest.

"I know. I wouldn't jeopardize anything. You just have to keep your hands off me. You're an animal". He laughed, causing me to giggle with him.

"Shut up". I laughed.

He squeezed my ass, pulling me forward and then laid me down on the bed. When his lips connected with mine the fireworks went off. Things just felt different now, I'm just not sure about the sneaking around thing. Like always things were about to get carried away when I felt his hand go between my legs.

"I would do anything to make sure you're comfortable with me. Don't think about other things right now. It's just you and me". He whispered.

I gave him a smile and nodded. He was right. If this thing is as big as we make it, the worse it gets. It's time for me to just relax. He removed his hand and laid back down next to me, only a few short seconds later Ava walked in.

"Daddy's coming tomorrow"! She smiled.

I turned to Colson who sighed.

"Oh. Good." I sighed.

This was definitely the shit end of the stick in my life. I got up and walked out, following Ava. The phone was still on. I picked it up and seen the face.

"You're coming here"? I asked.

"Yeah, I got off work. I thought if I'm there for the day, I can just take her back for Sunday night."

Okay, that's helpful but still. He hates trips, planes, and different scenery. I know him.

"Okay. I'll send you the new address and I'll have them set up a hotel room for you". I said.

His laugh made my blood boil. "Nonsense. I'll just stay in your room".

Shit.

"Oh, well right now I'm staying in the one girls suite with her." I lied.

"Then get a new one. Don't play this shit with me. I'll see you tomorrow". He sighed and that's when the phone call ended.

Ava gave me a smile as I gave a fake one back. The fact that I'll do anything for this little girl, even if that means playing family for her benefit. Now I just have to find a way to tell Colson.

When he walked out of the bedroom he gave me a smile, but dropped it once he seen my face.

"Its true"? He sighed.

All I could do was nod. "Its true"?

He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a mug, filling it with coffee. Ava ran into her room, that's when I turned to him.

"I need to open another room". I whispered.

He seemed confused at first but quickly caught on.

"He said he's staying in a room with Ava and I , but I'm going to think of something else. I cant be around him like that. He gets weird."

Colson chuckled and set his mug down, walking over to me and trapping me against the countertop and fridge. He grabbed my hands to wrap around his neck, placing his on my waist and touching skin. When his lips touched mine, I smiled into the kiss. I needed Colson.

Like now.