13

As I signed off on the papers I glanced over to see Megan and Colson arguing again off to the side. She's been like this all morning. Colsons daughter was here and decided to play with Ava as the 'grown-ups' worked. She was such a sweet girl.

"Can you get me a coffee"? Nick asked as he walked behind me.

I rolled my eyes and nodded as I walked over to the consession stand. I didn't realize how close I was to WW3 as I heard Megan talk to Colson.

"I don't care. I told you before I only have until then 5th to be with you, then I'm going on that movie shoot over in London. You didn't pick up any of my calls all because you were eating ice-cream. I'm getting agitated Colson and you're going to ruin this". She hissed.

"Baby, I told you I was sorry. She was my bestfriend in school, what was I supposed to do, ignore her?" Colson spoke.

"That's exactly what you need to do. We're getting married and you already ruined it once. Don't get me an excuse to leave again". Megan spat as she grabbed her coat and walked off.

I quickly came back to reality and filled up the coffee cup and walked back to Nick quickly. When Casey and Ava walked over I gave them a smile.

"Emmy, is it okay if Ava and I paint paint nails tonight? I don't really want to stay with Ashley". Casey asked.

I gave her a smile and knelt down to Ava. "Do you wanna have a girls night"? I asked.

Her eyes lit up as she gave me a smile. Even though Casey was ten, you can tell she was excited that she had a friend to hang with. Five year age different wasnt that bad.

"Yes. You can come to my room and you two can do what you want". I smiled.

Soon after Casey ran off with Ava and I turned to see Colson. He was upset, clearly.

"If it's okay with you, I'll watch Casey if you wanna go out with the guys or Megan". I said.

He gave me a smile and walked off to the stage for mic check. I just feel bad for him. He's clearly not happy. I handed Nick his coffee and stood off to the side. You can tell who Colson was comfortable with, Slim was one of them.

"Hey, I need you to type up a contract tonight so that it becomes a legal thing if he gets hurt". Nick said as he stood next to me.

"I don't see that it's necessary. He's good with his balance, always was".

I smiled as I thought about the time when he came to sneak me out of my house, he walked the banister from the porch to the side railing and snuck past my parents window. It was interesting.

"I don't care if he can juggle on a unicycle, get the contract done". Nick sighed and sipped his coffee. "You made this coffee taste like shit". He mumbled and walked off.

*

As Ava and Casey painted their nails in my room I tried to finish some sort of contract Nick would accept. I couldn't think, I only thought of Colson.

"Hey Em"?

I heard Casey from the door and I looked up from my laptop.

"What's up hun"? I asked.

"Can Ava and I make peanut butter cookies?"

I quickly shook my head. "Ava's allergic to peanuts. She can't be near it". I said.

Casey nodded. "Okay. Good thing I asked then". She smiled and walked off.

I shut my laptop and walked out to see Ava digging through her bag.

"What are you doing lovebug"? I asked and knelt down.

"I told Casey I had a cool princess pink color nailpolish and I can't find it". She sighed.

Oh, the problems of a five, almost six year old.

"You'll find it. If not I'll buy you a new one".

"Wait, my dad has nailpolish in his bag. I can grab it"! Casey spoke from the living room area.

"Your dad is at the concert. I can't go to his room". I said.

"I can go. It's two doors down". She said.

I stood up. "Really"? I asked.

"Yeah, he told Aunt Ashley he wanted to be close".

I smiled. "Okay, but you grab the nail polish and we leave". I sighed.

She nodded and walked to the door holding Ava's hand. As we walked the two doors down Casey swiped the room key. When we walked in I seen Megan sitting on the couch.

"Hi Megan". Casey said and walked to her dad's things.

I gave her a nod and picked up Ava.

"What are you doing Casey? Your dad doesn't like you in his stuff". Megan said, not looking up from her magazine.

"I'm painting Ava's nails, did he bring his nail polish stuff"? She asked as she opened his black bag.

"Over in the purple and silver bag".

I stood there, awkwardness taking over. She can't even say hi to me? Or ask how my night us? No excuse on why she wasn't watching Casey?

"Found it"! Casey smiled and pulled out a black bag filled with nail polish.

"Dont ruin it Casey. Your dad hasn't put those colors out yet". Megan sighed flipping the page.

She nodded and walked out before I did, not even a goodbye from Megan. I shut the door and walked back to my room. Casey was already putting all the colors out. Not going to lie, some of these colors were really pretty.

"Okay do you want daywalker or party favor"? She asks Ava as she shows the different colors.

As they both looked through the colors I walked back over to my laptop, trying to get something done. This was harder than I thought.