28

After the incident at the diner, I stayed up for two days and I finally figured out something that can help. With Chris pacing back and forth in my living room. My parents sitting next to me and his mom on the other couch. Since my mom works in a lawyers office, she brought in someone to keep the peace and signing our case to her.

"This is stupid". Chris spoke as he read the napkin I had wrote on.

"It works". I sighed.

"So you're saying that every other week you will be flying in from where ever you are, stay here and then leave again"? He asked.

"Yes, then on the other weeks she will come with me. Her teacher agreed to send assignments with her every week. As long as we work with her and as long as we have a court order". I said.

"Do you know how much pressure that will cause her? And who will be flying with her? I'm certainly not doing that." He said.

"That's why I wrote down multiple ideas. One of them will have to work". I said.

A few moments of silence passed before the Lawyer spoke up.

"If she's willing to work out a solution I don't see the issue. Its getting everyone on board. Now, what are you're suggestions"? Stacey asked Chris.

"That she stays with me for the rest of the year. My five year old shouldn't be all over the world all because my ex has a thing for the singer".

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have a thing for Colson. He's getting married". I said and he laughed.

"Yeah? When. It's a pretty long engagement don't you think"? Chris said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well we need to come to a conclusion. If not we go back to the original set up." Stacey spoke.

"Christopher. Take the newer deal. Picture how much you'll get done with work." His mother spoke.

"That's not what I want". He sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Then what do you want"? His mother asked.

He looked over at me and looked down my body. I cringed and turned away.

"I just want a happy family". He finally said and put his head down.

I rolled my eyes as he played this card again.

"As second in charge, I'll go with the following. Emily Rhodes, custody order of daughter Ava Brink. From Sunday night to  the following Saturday morning. Christopher Brink, partial custody of Ava Brink, from Saturday night to the following Friday night. Both parents agree to do every other week". Stacey spoke as she typed the last part of the new contract.

"Thank you". My mother spoke.

"I'll have this to the judge by tomorrow morning, he'll sign off on it and it will go into effect. Since she leaves on Saturday, Chris will start the order and finish it Friday of next week."

I sat there, watching as the lawyer packed up her things and walked out with my mother. My dad left the room quickly.

"I hope you're happy". Chris sighed and stood up.

"This gives you more freedom. What's the problem with it"? I asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing. You got what you wanted again. Like always". He sighed again and grabbed his coat.

"I'll be here Saturday night before you leave". He whispered and with that he was gone.

^
^

After everyone left, my parents going to bed and Ava laying down I finally had time to text Ashley back. She told me Colson was still in town, waiting for me to figure all of this out. Which makes it weird for me. Why didn't he leave? I looked over at a sleeping Ava in my bed. She would be gone tomorrow. I gave her a smile but jumped when I seen Colson standing outside on the tree. I got up quickly and ran over

"What the hell"? I asked and he climbed into my bedroom window.

"How was I able to do that before? That's a tight squeeze". He chuckled.

I smacked his chest, shushing him in the process.

"How did today go"? He asked and sat on my bed.

"We pass her off every other week, I'm just incharge of getting her to and from the airport, thats if i want it. I can stay here for a week if i want". I said.

He nodded and turned to look at Ava. He laid back on my bed and patted the spot next to him, between him and Ava.

"I'm not laying with you". I said and he shook his head.

"You're not laying with me, you're laying with your daughter and friend"  he chuckled.

I shooed him away and he got up. I set my book down on the desk and shut the small light off. When I turned around he was standing closer.

"What are we doing"? He asked.

"We? Ah, this is all you". I chuckled.

He nodded and grabbed my arms, placing them over his shoulders.

"Colson". I warned and he shook his head.

"Please. I need something to distract my shitty day". He sighed.

"What happened"? I asked.

"What else do you think happened? My life is a shit show". He sighed again. "I found out Megan is still talking with Nick". He whispered.

I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a hug. I knew there wasn't much he can do but he was actually trying.

"Around the media she's wearing her ring, but I told her I was done."

I pulled back to look at him.

"You ended it?" I asked.

He nodded and brought his hand up to hold my face.

"I don't give second chances, no more than the four she already got from me. We made a deal and she broke it. I told her to keep the ring until her book goes though. Then it's done". He said.

I felt horrible for him. He is such a great guy. When he pulled me back for a hug he dug his face into my neck and sighed. I rubbed his back, trying to comfort him but he was making it difficult. My sweater came off my shoulder as his lips kissed the bare skin but I didn't stop him. He backed us up against the wall as his hands dug into my sides, his lips now on my neck. I kept my eyes on my sleeping daughter, trying to keep quiet as he hit a sensitive spot on my neck. I pulled him closer to me as his hands ran up my shirt. Thats when I stopped.

"Okay. Calm down". I giggled.

He pulled away and gave me a smile as he let go of me.

"Sorry". He smirked and backed away from me and walked over to the window.

As he opened the window to leave he turned back to me. "I'll see you tomorrow". He said and with that he climbed down, leaving me there confused like he always does.