30

Tension.

The hardship of everything.

No matter what you do, who you're with or what you did.

Nothing helps tension.

Maybe it was stress tension, maybe it was sexual tension. I have no clue but clearly Colson and I have it. The plane ride was quiet. The car ride was talking between Brian and Ashley. Not one word between us. So now I stand in the coffee line, waiting for some sort of release. A tall, iced coffee would have to be that fix.

"Can you get me one"? I heard.

I looked up to see Colson, wearing one of his crazy hats, covering his face. He handed me the plastic card.

"Are you okay"? I asked. Declining the plastic.

He looked behind him, pushing himself closer to me so he can talk privately.

"If i said yes, would you believe me"? He whispered.

I kept my gaze at the batista as she made my coffee. The scent of cigarettes and aftershave made my knees weak.

"I can try to believe you if you showed it". I whispered back.

A small chuckle escaped his lips as the batista walked over and handed me my coffee. He quickly took it from my hands and took a sip.

"To sweet". He mumbled and gave it back to me as he walked off.

I ordered his coffee quickly and followed him over to the waiting area. He leant up against the wall, I stood in front of him.

"Can you try"? I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I can, yeah, but not in the mood to." He sighed.

We both stopped talking as his phone went off. He took it from his pocket, looked down at it and hit silent. When his eyes came back to mine he pulled his mask down.

"I'm okay. Promise". He whispered.

^

"Until it gets signed off you cannot blow fire at your next show". Brian sighed.

We sat in the lobby of the hotel as Colson pouted like a 5 year old. Lately his outrageous suggestion for his shows have been to much. The last show he agreed to punch a fan in the face, Brian didn't like that very much.

"Its a bit if alcohol and a flame, what's so bad about it"? He asked as he sat down next to me.

"Um, all of it"? Ashley said as he lightly pushed her leg off the table.

"Excuse me, there seems to be a problem with the rooms. The one suite wasn't set in until 2:30. One of my staff marked it as vacant, but it's not".

The hotel manager stood behind me, his hands on the couch as Colson looked up at him. Brian sighed.

"We need four rooms, what am I supposed to do with three"? He asked.

"I'm sorry sir. The only room available is the master suite, that's hard to come by anyways. If Mr. Baker wants it, I can switch but that would mean giving up that room he already has". The guy spoke.

"I need a room, sorry". Ashely said from the other couch.

"I have meetings all afternoon. My room is for that". Brian sighed.

"Em can stay with me. It's a suite. It's fine". Colson spoke and I shook my head.

"You need the space. I'll take a room somewhere else. Rook and Slim aren't coming until tomorrow, I'll stay with them". I spoke.

Colson reached over and covered my mouth as he turned back to the hotel manager.

"She'll be with me. Thanks". He said.

I took his hand off my mouth as he stood up. As he walked off I turned to Ashley as she shrugged. Clearly the room issue was covering for something with him.

"Just keep your hands to yourself". Brian smiled and grabbed his bags.

I sighed and grabbed mine as I made it to the tall man by the elevator.

"What's the master plan here?" I asked.

Colson chuckled and hit the button again as he turned to look at me.

"Distraction, remember? Don't worry, nothing like that". He spoke.

When the doors opened we both walked in, Colson hitting the floor number with a keypad.

Here comes the silence again. I wasn't sure what was actually happening with us. He says distraction, I say confusion. I know him and Megan are on the fritz right now, but why do I need be involved in it.

As we got off on our floor he walked over and opened the door. My eyes scanned the beautiful room as I dropped my bags to the floor. I've stayed in alot of hotels, just never the ones that were this gorgeous. The kitchen area was the size of an actual kitchen, the bedrooms were actually bedrooms, with doors, and the view was beautiful. I heard the door shut and lock behind me and I turned.

"Time to get naked". He smiled and set his bag down.

I felt my face get hot as he took off his shirt.

"W-What"? I asked.

He laughed and grabbed a pair of shorts from his bag. Pointing behind me to the terrace.

"Hot tub. What did you think I meant"? He smirked.

Once he went to change I turned back to the giant, bubbly, bathtub outside and sighed. Yeah, this is just what I needed for a unclear mindset, especially with the guy I'm basically obsessed with.