17

The next few days felt like a dream to me. Both Ava and I have never had the special treatment until yesterday. Colsons team brought us breakfast and lunch, then Brian took everyone out to dinner the past two nights. Since Ava was going home tomorrow I felt bad that i was going to miss her kindergarten sign up. She'll get to see the school and meet her teachers. Luckily my mom will be there when Chris is there. If it was up to me I would have Chris stay back but he insists.

As I read over Colsons itinerary i  grabbed the things he needed and packed a bag. We would be driving to the next tour location tonight and then driving back to this hotel afterwards. Brian says it's going to be a long night.

Once I got down to lobby I spotted Ava and Colson by the door. He held her up as she played with the hanging flower pots, giggling as Colson pulled away quickly and repeated it.

"Mommy"! She yelled and Colson put her down.

"I grabbed you your things, it should all be here". I said and handed him the bag.

"Thank you, but Emmy, calm down". Colson chuckled.

I looked down to see Ava put one of Colson's hats on her curly brown hair, she looked up at me and giggled.

"Mommy, can we drive with Colson"? She asked.

"We can't babydoll. I gotta run and get coffees". I said but Colson shook his head.

"I'll go with you. That's twelve coffees you have to hold. I'll help". He smiled.

"If my boss and your boss see you taking a coffee trip, they'll be livid". I spoke and grabbed my keys from my bag. I got the all access to Brian's car for the week.

"I'm twenty-nine years old. I do what I want. And if you dont remember. Your boss is also my boss and im their boss. Ash wont mind". He chuckled and grabbed the keys from me.

I watched him pick up Ava again and walk out of the hotel, all I did was follow. We were lucky to use the emergency exit so nobody would see us. When we got to the car I quickly strapped Ava in and shut it, only to jump when I seen how close Colson was standing.

"What"? I asked.

He shook his head, looking over me to the other side of the hotel exit. I turned to see a man standing there with flowers. It was Nick.

"What's that for"? I asked.

He grinded his teeth and grabbed my arm to walk me over to the passenger side.

"Those are Megan's favorite flowers". He spoke and opened the car door for me.

I glanced back over to see Nick standing there, looking down at his watch. I wonder who he was meeting?

"So what? She's not here". I spoke but he shook his head.

"She loves those flowers. It's not weird that he's standing there with her favorite flowers?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I think your overreacting. He's anyways, with kids"? I said.

"So". He mumbled.

I sighed and sat down in the car as he shut the door for me. When he got back in he turned to Ava in the backseat.

"Are you ready to go get some boring people there boring coffees"? He smiled.

Ava gave him a giggle and grabbed her stuffed animal from the back. When Colson turned to me he gave me a smile and started the car.

*
*

Starbucks was packed like always and it wasnt even nine yet. I heard Colson take a deep breath as he grabbed his hat and sunglasses, handing me a hat in the process.

"How will this cover your identity? It's literally your merch". I giggled.

"You'd be surprised how much no body cares where I am. Besides, you're running in, not me". He laughed back.

I rolled my eyes and took the hat off of me. "Then I don't need this". I said and grabbed my wallet but he stopped me.

"Use this". He said and handed me a black card.

"What's this"? I asked.

He chuckled. "Its a credit card. You buy things with it". He joked.

"I know what it is smart-ass, I'm asking why are you giving me the card, I have my own".

He shook his head. "Its the company card".

I looked down at the plastic card and back to him.

"The company card has your name on it"? I asked.

He smiled and unlocked the car. "I'll stay with Ava".

I rolled my eyes and got out of the range rover, and walked into the coffee shop. As I stood in line I grabbed my wallet and put Colsons card in, taking mine out.

"Emily"?

I lifted my head to see Nick standing there. Two coffees in his hand.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you quit"? He asked.

"I did but another opportunity arose". I said and stepped up to the counter.

"Who are you with"? He asked.

I turned to look at him as I held the list of coffees to get.

"Ava and Reed". I lied.

He nodded and looked around. "Where is Colson"? He asked.

"Elsewhere". I mumbled and turned to the batista and gave my order.

When his hand grabbed my arm I flinched back and pointed at him.

"Stop it". I hissed. "Take your coffee and shove it".

He chuckled and let go of my arm. "You're making a big mistake". He whispered as he gave me a wink and walked off.

I rolled my eyes as he walked off and I turned back to the coffee worker. She gave me a smile.

"$67.65". She grinned.

Oh that's going to hurt my wallet. I handed her my card and grabbed the two coffee trays. Once they were paid I walked out of the shop and over to the car. Colson got out and grabbed one.

"What did Nick want, did he say who he was with"? He asked.

"Oh,  he just wanted to tell me how happy he was I found another job". I lied.

Damn, I need to stop doing that. He was hiding something and I was going to find out.