27

Did I stay in bed all day? Yes.

This morning i had Chris take Ava to school, telling him I was sick. I just had no energy. I stayed up all night, justification of how bad I like Colson. It took me years to figure it out. I just can't believe I'm finally telling myself this. I mean, I care about the guy. The way his girlfriend/fiance is treating him makes me mad. She made a big issue online, knowing he hates the attention. It's sad.

"Em, get out of bed". My mom said as she entered the room.

"I can't, I'm sick". I lied.

She crossed her arms in the doorway, giving me one of her faces. I sighed.

"Please mom. I need a break". I said rolling over to face the window.

"Well so do I but I'm out of bed". A voice spoke.

I turned quickly to see the man I've been dying to see. He patted my mom's shoulder as she walked out of my room and shut the door. Now it was to quiet.

"What are you doing here"? I asked and went back under the covers.

He chuckled and walked closer. The small chains on his boots getting louder with each step. When I felt the bed sink in I sighed.

"Ashley called me last night. She said she talked to you. I wanted to see if you were okay"? He spoke.

"I'm fine". I lied.

"No you're not. You're upset with me, just like how I was upset with you". He said and pulled the cover down.

"I'm not mad at you". I lied again.

"I said upset, not mad. I'm not upset with you Emmy. I was hurt, yes, but I'm over it. I want my friend back". He whispered.

"I think you and I both know I can't come back. Its to hard".

He nodded and took off his boots, putting his legs inside the sheet and pulling it up over him.

"Do you remember the sophomore homecoming dance with my date Brooke"? He asked.

I nodded.

"She had a bet with her friends that she could take me to the dance and dump me at the end of the night. Do you remember what you did"? He asked.

I shook my head. "No. What"?

"You told her off, telling her how great I was and how stupid she was for doing it. This was before we were actually friends you know. I heard from Slim that night." He said.

"Okay, and"? I asked.

He laughed and laid down on his side so he was facing me.

"I was so mad at you, some stranger coming to my defense so quickly but i realized alot after that". He smiled.

"And"? I sighed.

"That night I knew I always needed you by me, with me. Friends fight Em, but we're both over it now. Please come back to work. Come back with me". He whispered.

Between the both of us you can feel the heated tension. With anger? No. With lust? Maybe. I'm not sure if I can control myself around him.

"I won't touch you again. Unless you want me to". He chuckled and grabbed my hand. "I just want you back". He said.

I gave him a smile, staring into the beautiful blue eyes.

"I'll have to talk to Chris." I smiled.

He gave me a nod and grabbed my hand, kissing the top of it. He already broke one of his rules. Touching.

^
^

"Its going to be a month. Please". I said.

Sitting across from Chris and Ava at a diner downtown.

"You said yourself that you didn't want to go back. What happened to that thought"? He asked.

"I talked to Ashley. She begged". I lied. I kept out the line where I said Colson laid next to me in bed and begged.

"I don't know. We're doing good, you and I. I don't want to ruin that for Ava". Chris said as he glanced at our daughter.

"Its not like we're getting back together Chris. I'm only asking you because you're her father. I can do what I did before and take her for a week on and off". I said.

He clenched his fists on the table and leaned over it.

"You're not taking my daughter. I've been nice and trying to work things out with you, but if you don't wanna work on things then I'm taking it to court". He threatened.

"Here we go". I sighed.

"I mean it Emily. I don't care if it's your dream job. We either work this out now or I go for full custody". He hissed.

"Then we'll work it out". I said but he grabbed my wrist from across the table.

"I mean it". He spat.

The pain in my wrist hurt more, getting flashbacks of the last night I was with him.

"Get off of me". I whispered, trying to get his fingers out of my arm. "I don't leave for another week, we will figure it out". I said and he finally let go.

"Then you think for the next week. I'll have papers ready to go". He said and stood up.

He bent down to kiss the top of Ava's head. "I'll see you Thursday angel".

He turned to me and shook his head.

"You're ruining everything". He hissed, walking out of the diner quickly.

I turned to see Ava staring at me and gave me a smile. This poor little girl shouldn't have to deal with this. Why is this so hard to do? I took a pen from my purse and a napkin and started draughting down ideas quickly. If I wanted this to work, I need to make it work for everyone around me.