8

"Everything is in there. I wont be catching the plane with you. I have to stay back for my daughters ballet audition. I'll be an hour after you. Please study these. I'm putting alot of effort in you. Just go through these and double check the signatures, make sure they can use those brands". He begged and walked off, taking my coffee with him.

Thats alot to do by myself.. Maybe Nick was right, I'm not capable.

I walked back over to my desk and checked the clock. 7:00 came way to fast for my liking, I needed this done before i went to the airport. I sat down and opened the big file 'Mainstream' written on top. I smiled to myself. As I flipped the pages I seen clothes options, song lists, food items and drinks for Machine Gun Kelly. My page was in the back about what shows needed me for sign offs. Meaning half.

I highlighted his shows that were the bigger insurance needs such as a zip line, a climbing rail, the fire and fog. This man was already one of the most dangerous clients I've had.

I looked over and quickly grabbed my things after looking at the clock. I was happy that Nick sent my bags already so I didn't need to worry about it. I grabbed my folders and ran out of thr building and quickly got on the train as fast as I could. Next was the six hour flight from Philadelphia to Cleveland. Things were going be interesting.

*

The airport wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, but now it was just a waiting game to board it.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken"? I glanced up to see Ashley and another girl.

"Oh thank god". I sighed as she laughed.

"Emily this is Olivia. She's my assistant". Ashley spoke and I gave Olivia a smile.

"What's wrong babe"? She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I'm just really nervous". I truthfully spoke.

Ashley nodded and took another sip, then looking up.

"It happens, but you'll do awesome, but since I have you I want to talk about my file if you haven't read it great, if you did I want to clearly go over it with you in person". She smiled

I nodded and crossed my legs.

"I'm not a little brat or anything. I just look at those items as my good luck charm. That and I really like peanut m&ms". She laughed.

Reading the crews suggestions helped me better understand what I was walking in to. I now remember she was the peanut m&m one.

I gave her a smile and shook my head. "Understanding. Dont worry about it". I smiled.

She nodded and took another sip of her coffee. That's when Olivia spoke up.

"Colson is very independent. I mean he'll accept anything from anybody, but he'll never ask. Now if you get him a venti black coffee everyday he'll probably fall in love. Just dont expect him to physically ask you for anything. He just finds it mean to ask for stuff when he can get it himself". She smiled.

Her eyes looked behind me. My eyes followed hers as mine were met with blue ones standing above us. Colson.

"Ladies". He groaned and sat next to me, shutting his eyes.

"Big boy tired"? Ashley asked and he nodded, giving her a smirk and pushed her arm lightly, taking her off balance.

When my eyes met with Olivia again she gave me a wink and looked over my shoulder. I turned to see starbucks there and figured it out. I excused myself from the conversation and got in line, ordering a venti black coffee, but added some cream and sugar. I don't understand how someone could have something so bitter. After I paid I walked back over and handed Colson the coffee. He seemed set back by it and smiled after he took a sip.

"How about we catch that plane. It's almost time". Ashley smiled and stood up.

*
*

While on the plane I made notes from what Ashley told me. If the company was going to be their insurance provider. Ashley offered me a different position on the tour so im leaving the legal things to Nick, I needed to get things right. I was happy that our seats were together. Colson was asleep across from me, Olivia next to him and Ashley next to me. She glanced over at him then to me.

"He was super happy about the coffee. You did good kid". She whispered.

I gave a smile as I drew a happy face on his coffee order note.

"I know nothing about you, but you know so much about me. How about we fix that". She suggested and moved seats so she was now next to me on the other side

"Okay, what do you wanna know"?

She thought for a minute before smiling.

"Easy one. How old are you"?

"Just turned twenty- seven in September". I smiled.

Her eyes went wide as she leaned over. "You look so much younger then that". She laughed.

"I get that alot". I agreed. It was the truth.

"When did you start working for Nick Chambers"? She questioned.

"Almost 9 years. My dad got me the job". I smiled.

Her smile was actually genuine, like she really cared. "That's cute. Do you still keep in touch"?

I nodded. "My parents live in Philly, they babysit for me". I smiled.

"You have a kid"? Olivia asked.

"Yeah. Her name is Ava, she's five". I smiled and showed them a picture.

"She looks just like you". Ashley smiled and grabbed my phone.

"Do you have kids"? I asked and both of them shook their head.

"I'm trying with my husband but so far no luck". Olivia smiled.

As Ashley continued to ask questions. I feel that she knows to much now. After a few minutes she got up to use the bathroom, my eyes meeting Colson's. He gave me a smile and fixed his posture.

"I think I'm up now". He chuckled and stretched his arms over his head.

When he did that a small part of his waist was showing from the shirt lifting up. I bit my lip and refrained my eyes to look elsewhere. The tattoos showing and everything.

"Thank you again for the coffee this morning. I appreciate it". He smiled.

I gave him a nod and opened my binder back up. Why cant I talk to him? He's just a guy, my old bestfriend, the old love i once had. When Ashley walked back she patted his shoulder and sat down.

"Good. I'm going to sleep now". She joked.

"You didnt sleep yet? Brian said to sleep as much as you could. He doesnt want us tired". Olivia spoke.

"Who is Brian"? I asked.

"He's my manager". Ashley smiled and turned to look at Colson.

"Plus, I was watching the little one". Ashley smiled as she gave me a wink.

I laughed. "You're like three years older then me. I'm not little". I defended.

"Well you technically are little, Your like, four foot tall". She laughed.

"I'm 5'4 thank you". I joked as they both laughed.

"I consider all three of you little ones. I'm twenty-nine and six foot four". Colson sighed.

"Whatever. I'm going to take a nap". Olivia smiled and stood up. "Move so I can lay down". She said to Colson.

He rolled his eyes and moved to my side as Oliva laid across both seats. I didnt notice that his leg was touching mine, I wasnt fighting it. When it started to shake during turbulence I felt his hand on my knee.

"Just turbulence. Its okay". He soothed and once my leg stopped he removed his hand.

What he didnt know was that touch he made sent shivers up my spine.