34

We got to the front of the building but the rain had other plans. The car valet was running behind so we had to wait there, drenched. I stood under the small awning, waiting for someone to call us over but it never happened.

"This is ridiculous. I called them ten minutes ago, where the hell is the car"? Rook sighed.

"That was your problem dude, you should have called an hour ago". Slim sighed.

I pulled myself more under the awning, that's when Colson came over. He stood infront of me and gave me a smirk.

"What now"? I asked.

He shook his head, taking off his black jacket and putting it infront of me. I was confused.

"Its cold and raining. I can't afford you to have nip slip". He whispered.

I looked down at my chest to see i was almost out of my dress top and grabbed his jacket but he pulled it back.

"Or maybe I do"? He questioned and I shook my head.

"Stop that". I whispered.

He chuckled to himself and decided to turn around, leaning up against me. I laughed out once he backed us into the corner or the building.

"Colson". I wined.

"Hey Kells, were gonna walk, you coming"? Rook asked and he quickly shook his head.

"Nah, Emmy can't walk in these heels. I'll wait". He said.

That was sweet. He was staying back with me.

Once the the two of them walked off he turned to me, putting his arms on the wall behind me. We were lucky enough that the valet parking was in the back, away from the public.

"Yes"?  I asked as I looked up at him.

He shook his head and smiled. He was definitely up to no good right now. When his hand went to my shoulder and then squeezed I knew what was going to happen. Can I afford that right now?

"Its hard to think of you as a friend when you dress like this". He whispered.

I giggled, hiding the nervousness in my voice.

He moved his one hand, suddenly grabbing my waist and pulled me a little bit closer to him.

"C-Cars here". I squeaked out.

He chucked to himself as he let go of me and walked out into the rain. He turned to me as he held the door open. I walked over and got in, Colson protecting me as I got in just incase there were anything cameras. I didn't need my vagina all over the web.

When he got in he pushed a button so a black screen went over the driver's view and then turned to me.

"Do you even want to go"? He asked.

I turned to him and gave a smile. "Yeah. I haven't been out in a while". I said.

He nodded and scooted closer to me in the back seat.

"Good. Either have I". He smirked and with that the car ride started, leaving me in a weird, silent ride.

^
^
It took a matter of an hour in the bar to have all hell break loose. My phone was non stop at this point and I couldn't handle the rude and hurtful things Chris was texting me.

"So you went out while I have our daughter?

"You're just there to find a new mans life to ruin".

"I hope you're happy, slut".

I can't even go out with some friends because Chris knows all. Some pictures surfaced when Colson and I got out of the car at the bar. Colson on the other hand loves that it embarrassed me. What he didnt know were the texts I got.

"Just ignore them. They do it to get a lousy buck". Rook sighed, taking back a shot.

"I know, but what I do jeopardizes Colsons media point of view. They want him and Megan, not him and some insurance slash assistant". I sighed.

Rook nodded, sitting closer to me.

"Maybe you rode here with colson but came with me." He chuckled.

"And ruin your night? No thanks". I mumbled.

Seconds later cheering happened suddenly behind us so we turned to look. There stood next to Colson, Pete. He gave us all a wave as he walked down the two steps into our area.

"Hello, hello". He smiled and shook Rooks hand.

"Hey Pete. This is Emmy". Rook introduced.

Pete looked at me and his eyes scanned my dress then locked eyes with me.

"Damn". He smirked and sat next to me.

I felt nervous again. I've never had so many comments about an outfit before. This has to be one of my favorite ones now.

I felt phone go off next to me and picked it up, seeing more texts from Chris. I hate when he acted like this. We were getting along very well for the sake of our child, but he's taking this jealousy to far.

"When you get home, you'll have court papers. I'm through with your shit. You're lazy and a horrible mother".

That second put me out, I can't believe he just said that to me. I looked up to see Colson looking over at me, confused on why I was upset. I sat up slowly and fixed my dress as I walked over to him.

"I'm going back to the hotel". I spoke.

He stood up and put his lips to my ear so I could hear him over the music.

"What happened"? He asked.

I shook my head and grabbed his arm.

"I'll see you later". And with that I walked off.

I can't bring down his night all because mine went to shit. I shouldn't be the center of attention when I'm with Colson. Once I made it out of the bar I grabbed my phone to call Reed, maybe he can pick me up. As I hit dial I looked to the side to see the other one of Colson's security. He put his cigarette out and walked over to me.

"What's wrong babe"? He asked.

"Can you just take me home"? I asked, feeling my eyes burn from the forming tears.

He went to speak but looked behind me. I turned to see Colson walking out and gave Reed a smile.

"I'll take her. I have the car coming". He said.

I shook my head and turned to Colson as he shushed me.

"Dont. I'm taking you back to the hotel. You're clearly upset and as your friend I wanna make sure you're okay".

I finally let the tears fall as he pulled me into his chest, soothing. I needed that. Especially now.