25

I sat in the car in front of my mother's house, waiting for seven to come faster. I got in around four this morning and it's still to early to cry to mom about this. Other than Ashley and Slim, I haven't heard from Kells. Maybe this was best, needing to leave. The headlines about the situation with Megan and Kells got out of control since the last article was published.

"Machine Gun Kelly cheats on Megan fox".

Stupid. Right?

Before I had a chance to even talk to myself about the situation, Chris's car pulls up next to me. I definitely didn't need this shit from him. I watched him walk out and come over.

"Yeah"? I questioned.

"Its freezing out. Go inside". He said.

I shook my head, making it clear that I didn't want bothered. He sighed and walked over to the passenger side door, getting and and shutting it behind him.

"You never understand the word no, do you"? I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Why are you home"?

"I'm allowed to be here. This is my mother's house. Why are you here"? I asked.

He gave me a small chuckle. "Its Thursday, so it's my day to take Ava to school. Your mom has the flu so she asked me last night."

"Well, I can take her today. Sorry you had to drive all the way here". I sighed.

A few moments passed where silence filled the car. It's actually what I wanted until he showed up.

"We have an hour until your mother wakes up. Ava is probably going to not want to get up. I was thinking about keeping her home so she can play in the snow".

I turned to him, shaking my head quickly. "No. She needs to be in school. There's barley any snow on the ground, and it's only October. It's frost".

He rolled his eyes and fully turned to me. "The kid thinks bathtime is beach water. She can still go to the park or stay home and be warm. It's good to let her relax every now and again". He stated but I kept my mindset straight.

"I said no".

"What is your deal? What have I done to show you I was a bad person"? He asks and that's what set me off.

I rolled up the sleeve of my jacket, showing the cigarette burns that turned to horrible scars. Then pulling the shirt down to show the scar from the glass table incident.

"I meant with Ava. I'm trying here Em but you won't let me show you I've changed. We may have not been good together but I care about my daughter".

I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. "That's the problem. I can't trust you Chris, and even if I did there's no way in hell I'll have her go through the same shit I did."

"You actually believe that I would do those things to her?"

I nodded. "I didn't think you would do it to me but look where we are".

He turned back into the seat and sat up, pulling papers from his back pocket. He handed them to me and I sighed.

"I got a place, it's child proof, clean and in a good area. I would like to keep court issues out of this and talk to you like the adults we are". He said.

"What is this"? I asked.

"My proposal to you. I can even let you check out everything. I would like to have Ava spend some time over with me where I'm not around your mother. She has another grandmother Emily, who really wants to see her but your mom won't let her. I don't want an issue but she has more family other than you and your mom and dad."

I rolled my eyes again, feeling the agitation come on. This isn't the first time he threw this at me and it most definitely won't be the last.

"Please". He begged. "It will be weekends she stays with me".

"Let me think about it. I appreciate the idea of you keeping calm with it as you talk to me. I guess that is one big step".

He gave me a smile and sat back into the seat before turning to me again.

"Why are you home"? He asked.

I shook my head. "It was to much for me. I didn't learn the ropes in time and I fell behind".

This sucks. That job was one of the ones I actually liked. I mean, I liked working for Nick before he turned into an asshole, or my other job I had when I was pregnant with Ava, but this job was it. It's what I wanted to do.

"You aren't home because of their breakup are you"? He asks.

"I thought you hated celebrity gossip"? I laughed.

"Well I do, but if the mother of my child is upset, I would like to help as much as I can".

I turned to him and sighed. I want to believe his good intentions and morals but I can't. I was under the knife to many times, literally and physically but I don't want Ava to be the one who suffers. Maybe he can change but maybe he can't. It will all take time.

"Well, I'll let you take her today if you want her to go to school. I'll just go to the gym or something". He said.

Before he got out I grabbed his hand and he stopped.

"I don't see a problem if you wanna take her. It's okay with me". I smiled.

He gave me a smile and nodded as he got out of the car.

"Can you not tell my mom im back yet. I'll come see her later". I said.

He nodded and shut the car door, walking back over to his truck and shut it off. I needed a break anyways. Once he got into my parents house i pulled out of the driveway, hoping to distract myself from the constant vibration coming from my phone. Maybe it was Colson, or maybe it was Ashley, but right now I needed time to myself.