16

The car ride to the arena was quiet. The only noise was Megan giggling as Colson kept kissing her. It made me sick. How could she be this way? I had told Nick that after tonight's show I would be taking Ava and my things back to Philly and would have my desk cleaned before he got back.

"Emily, did you do that one contract I gave you"? Brian asked as he gave me a smile.

I reached into my bag and handed him thr paper. "Um, after this I no longer have the contacts, you can get then from Nick. I'll be gone after tonight's show". I said and handed him the folder.

I felt Colson staring at me but I didn't look up. It would hurt me more.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anyway I can keep you"? He asked. A small chuckle escaping his lips.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm leaving the insurance group all together." I whispered.

The car stopped and when Colsons bodyguards opened the doors we got out. I noticed Megan was already inside the arena as Colson pulled me back.

"Get in". He said and reopened the door to the range rover.

"Kells, now isn't a great time". I said but he grabbed me instead and put me back into the car.

"Clide, can you drive around the block please".Colson said as he handed his driver a twenty dollar bill.

In seconds the car started to move and I turned to Colson.

"Colson". I stated and he shook his head.

"You can't leave". He pouted.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm sorry but I have to. Nick told me". I said, well gave a little white lie.

"Why. What happened"? He asked.

I bit my lip and shook my head. "Just some personal stuff. It's okay".

He shook his head and grabbed my hands. He was hurt.

"Please dont leave".

"I don't have a job anymore Colson. I can't stay here and pay for the hotel room and have Ava here all summer. She's going to be in kindergarten in 2 months and I need her home".

"Have your parents watch her, hell, Ashley wants a break, let her watch her. Just please don't leave, and you can stay with me, you can be my guest the whole tour."

"I'll think about it". I whispered.

He gave me a smile as he pulled me over to his side and wrapped his arm around me, kissing my temple. It was weird but this was the Colson I grew up with.

"Thank you". He whispered.

I stared at his lips then to his eyes as I gave him a grin.

"You're welcome".

^

Ava and I cleaned up our hotel room, my phone pressed to my ear with my mother.

"So he fired you for it"? She asked.

"Yes mom. I witnessed a marriage and an engagement get ruined and he fired me for it. Colson is begging me to stay". I sighed.

I watched Ava attempt to pack all the stuffed animals in her bag that Casey gave her and giggled. She was so simple. As I zipped my last bag I huffed.

"Well, maybe it's a good thing. Why do you think your father left them so early before retirement? He's a douche".

I nodded to myself and put the bag by the door.

"Yeah, plus it doesn't help that Chris has been blowing up my phone with threatening texts, telling me that he's taking full custody of Ava all because she's with me".

My mother laughed on the other end. This was the perk of having one parent that works in the law system.

"He can't take her. He has no job or place to live, he's living with his sister and her husband".

A knock on the door made me jump as Ava ran over and knocked back.

"Hey mom I gotta go. Hotel staff is here. I'll be home in a day or so". I said and after the goodbyes I hung up.

I walked over to the door and opened it to Brian and Olivia.

"And where are you going"? Brian asked as he looked down at the bags.

"I'm leaving. I longer work for Nick". I said and he shook his head.

"No. But you do work for me now." He smiled and handed me a folder. "Inside will be a new hire that I need you to fill out. I can't afford to let you go". He spoke.

I was shocked but also confused.

"We know about Megan and Nick. We tried to keep it a secret but since you know it's beneficial for us. We like the way you work and would like it if you come with us". Olivia spoke.

Oh Olivia, the girl who rolls her eyes at me and barely talks.

"I'm already packed". I spoke and Brian shook his head.

"I already got the orders from Kells. He wants you and Ava with him so I'll take these over". He smiled and I shook my head.

"What about Megan, wouldn't she flip out"? I asked.

"Megan's in London for three months. She won't know". Olivia smiled.

"Why does this sound wrong to me"? I asked.

Both looked at eachother then to me. "Because you have a caring soul, some people do not".

I glanced down at my bags again and sighed. "Fine".

Olivia smiled and grabbed my one bag, taking it two doors down.

"Okay, here's the new schedule. Read it carefully. Your job is to make sure Colson gets to these places on time". He said.

"So like, his assistant? What about Olivia"? I asked.

"Shes pregnant. She will be leaving to go back to the office portion and keep and eye on things there. You're taking her spot until she comes back, and we can figure something out until then".

I was speechless. This had Colson written all over it. I gave Brian a smile and nodded as he walked off with the rest of mine and Avas bags. This would be a good thing, I hope.