7

*short chapter.  Sorry*

The meeting was short but in my mind it was longer. I couldn't believe I was sitting across from my childhood friend, the man himself who made it before anybody else could.

"I believe that you set the insurance up for the whole tour"? Ashley asked as she looked though the papers.

"Yes ma'am. It's all there for all fifty-two shows. All I need is a signature". Nick smiled.

I glanced over at Colson who happen to already be looking at me. He gave me a smile and Ashley handed him the papers, breaking him from the stare.

"So, I got your main signatures last Friday. All that's left is for you two to sign and you got the clearances for the tour".  Nick smiled and handed them a pen.

Colson nodded his head and handed the paper to Ashley. She was the first to sign, then passed them back to Colson for him to sign and then he gave them to Nick.

"I have a proposal. Since your company is signing off on this stuff, I would like you to work full time with me during it. I could use the support to have an actual insurance person on site". Ashley spoke as her eyes met Nicks.

"That's an amazing proposal. I can get my assistant Matt to sign on too. Hes one of the best agents i have. He'll love to-" but Ashley cut him off.

"No, I want her". She smiled as he pointed to me and then turned to Colson.

"Emily is just an office intern. She doesnt know the papers like Matt does". Nick spoke, making me feel like shit. "She just makes the customer feel welcomed".

Ashley cleared her throat. "You have her sitting in on this meeting. I think changing the insurance agent would be to much to handle. She clearly knows what shes doing". She spoke and crossed her legs. "Besides, this one right here needs alot of insurance. He's not particularly easy to work with". She giggled.

Oh she was so right. I remember how he was in school. He would climb up the stage just to get to the booth at top, even when they had stairs below him.

Colson kept his gaze on me, like he wanted me to say something. I never did. I couldn't, I'd lose my job right there.

"Intern or not. I want her on the tour set with us. It will be fun". Ashley smiled as she stood up. "I need someone at the airport tomorrow morning, 8am".

She shook both of our hands and walked off quickly. When Colson walked past me he stopped as we were now alone since Nick chased after Ashley, probably to try and switch me.

"Its good to see you again". He smiled and gave me another hug."I've missed you".

"I've missed you". I whispered and squeezed him a little tighter but I had to stop. He was seeing someone.

I pulled away and walked off before I did something stupid.

When Nick walked back into the room he handed me an envelope. Irritation on his face. "Its your plane ticket. Were going to Cleveland this weekend". He sighed and walked off.

I slowly trailed behind him back to my desk.  Matty was smiling.

"You got it"? He whispered.

"I got summoned". I giggled and set the envelope down.

"Wait, his manager asked for you"? He asked as he handed me a fresh coffee.

I sat in my chair and spun to face them. "I leave for Cleveland tomorrow".

"You're a bad bitch Emily Sky, bad ass bitch". Matty smiled and walked back over to his desk.

Was I Matty? Was I?