The One With The Bonfire

Start from the beginning

"We both know you aren't a beer drinker, Emily," the Salvatore vampire countered with a smirk.

The Radkova witch ignored Stefan's words as she picked the nozzle back up and poured more beer into her red solo cup. Emily looked up at Stefan with a sarcastic smile before she murmured, "maybe you don't really know me, Stefan."

"Oh, come on, babe," the Salvatore vampire cooed as he walked closer to Emily until they were practically chest to chest if it wasn't for Emily's cup between them. Stefan towered over Emily as he muttered, "I know you better than anyone."

The Radkova witch and the Salvatore vampire silently stared at each other for a tense moment before Rebekah suddenly let out a loud groan. "You guys are boring. Just make out already," Rebekah muttered before she swiftly turned around and left the two exes alone.

Stefan didn't even bother following Rebekah with his eyes as he kept his gaze locked onto the Radkova witch. "We could make out," the Salvatore vampire suggested with a smirk.

Emily rolled her green eyes as she pushed the emotionless vampire's chest with her empty hand to create some space between them. "No thanks. I'll pass," Emily muttered before she turned around and went the opposite direction that the original vampire went.

"Hey!" Stefan called out before he jogged to catch up with the Radkova witch. "Where are you going?" The Salvatore vampire asked before he murmured, "I thought we could hang out like old times." Stefan looked down to Emily with a smirk as he added, "I mean, isn't that why you chased me all summer long?"

Emily let a chuckle of disbelief as she glanced over to her ex-boyfriend. Emily wouldn't lie, it hurt how Stefan could easily joke about this past summer with everything that happened with Andie's death and the journey that Emily had to go through with her magic and to bring Elena back.

However, the Radkova witch had to continue to remind herself that this wasn't the Stefan she knows and loves. This is the emotionless one, who would stop at nothing to do what Klaus told him to do.

"I'm just trying to enjoy my last back to school party," Emily muttered as she answered her ex-boyfriend's question. Emily quickly downed half her cup of beer before she moved her gaze back over to Stefan.

"You know," Emily drawled out before she murmured, "you look like a possessive ex constantly following me around."

A deep chuckle escaped from Stefan's lips before he quickly reined it in as he replaced the smile with the straight faced expression that he had picked up lately. "I'm just keeping an eye on Klaus' pride and joy," the Salvatore vampire carelessly muttered.

Emily rolled her green eyes before she came to a stop and turned to face the Salvatore vampire. Emily downed the rest of her beer before she told Stefan, "well, keep an eye from a distance." Emily roughly pushed the red solo cup into Stefan's chest before she added, "I'm going to go have some fun."

The Radkova witch took her chance to escape from Stefan when he went to grab the plastic cup before it could drop down to the ground. While Stefan was distracted, Emily quickly dashed towards a crowd of dancing teenagers and squeezed her way through.

Emily glanced over her shoulder to see if Stefan was following her. However, the Radkova witch only found Stefan leaning against a tree with his arms crossed over his chest and a wide smirk displayed across his lips.

Emily shook her head in amusement when she realized that Stefan was listening to what she told him; to keep an eye on her from a distance. While it was annoying to know that Stefan wasn't going to leave her alone, Emily figured that it was a good thing this one time. It meant that Stefan wasn't suspicious of her plan and it wasn't going to be hard to trap Stefan if he was only focusing on her.