Chapter 11- Psyche

Start from the beginning

I scanned each and every one of them. Some of them were really beautiful but no one really caught my eye. Every time I tried to see someone in a different light, it was Aurea’s face that popped in the forefront of my mind.

I shook my head.

“Well, someone definitely caught my eye.” Eros said and then pointed towards one of the girls who were sitting at the bar. Her hair was red, the color of the flames. It was long and reached near her waist. She was wearing a simple black dress. Its length was modest unlike the girls there who flaunted more skin rather than hid it.

I cocked my head to the side and gazed at her. There was something different about her. She was one of those people who always stood out. Mix her in with a crowd and you’ll find her easily enough. She has this unique radiance about her.

Eros grinned at me as if daring me to contradict his choice. I shrugged and we walked towards the girl.

Judging from the way she sat and held herself, I instantly knew she was different from the other girls. She had an innate elegance in her. Her posture wasn’t slouched and her shoulders weren’t drooped. From that, I gathered that she wasn’t here to drink because of depression just like the other girls on the bar. She was also quiet and trying to draw little attention to herself judging from the way she dressed and how she tried to avoid eye contact.

She wasn’t like those girls who dressed provocatively and painted their faces to gather male attention. It was as if she was here to simply enjoy herself and nothing more. I was about to tell Eros to find another one for it looked as if this girl wasn’t particularly interested.

But I was too late for we were already in front of her.

“Hi.” Eros greeted. The girl lifted her face and gazed at both of us. I heard Eros’ sharp intake of breath when he was finally able to gaze at her perfection. I smiled warmly at her. Eros was grinning too. Usually, when he smiled, the girls swooned or fell over themselves. But this girl, she glared at us.

She raised an eyebrow in inquiry and tilted her head to the side.

Eros opened his mouth and appeared to be speechless. He closed his lips and opened them again.

“What?” the woman asked.

“Uh. The sight of you made me speechless. I also seemed to have forgotten my name? Can I have yours instead?” Eros asked with a shy, charming smile. I almost coughed out at the incredulity of the statement but this is Eros. If someone could pull off stuff like this, it’s him.

The woman’s jaw fell open. She looked as if she’s fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

But then she did something that surprised me:

She threw her head back and laughed.

“That has got to be one of the worst things I’ve ever heard. Wait. Scratch that. That is the worst!” She said and then downed her drink and laughed once more. Eros jaw fell open and he gaped at her. He also slanted a puzzled look towards me. I did not know what to say so I just shrugged.

He turned back to the girl once more and I felt him increase his aura in the air. Suddenly, there was silence. The nearby girls all stopped whatever they were doing to stare at him with admiration and lust. He smiled again and women almost swooned.

“What? Are you like a movie star or something?” the red-haired girl asked.

 Eros shook his head. “Nope. I’m just an ordinary guy.”