Bar

Xavier's POV

I stay put in the car as I watch her enter through the Carson's mansion gate.

The feeling of uneasiness settling down my throat, almost choking me as I roughly ply the road again.

This time towards the opposite way to my house. My phone has silently been blown continuously with calls and havoc number of messages.

I fly through the road, shamelessly passing the red lights, and swerving around the cars on the busy road at night.

The usual, yet menacing view of Miniature Palace comes to view, I pull the level to park and fumble my way out of the warm car into the cold air.

My hands in my pocket, deep scowls on my face, my lips set in a taunted straight line, I walk into the bar.

Miniature Palace is a cafe at morn and noon and a crowdy bar at night. The whole set is so genius that not a single cop would suspect what goes on in here at night.

The disturbing yet calming smell of vodka and several mixtures of alcohol penetrates my nostrils accompanied by a cacophony of useless talks.

I cross the large distance to the corner where I expect the group to be at. I stand in front of them, gawking eerily.

" Yo, man". Ken greets.

Ken can be tagged as the youngest and most stupid of the group. He is only sixteen and he lives on his own.

I nod in acknowledgement at him. He smiles crookedly at me, exhaling the cancerous air out of his mouth and nose.

" Watcha doin?". Kyle asks.

Kyle is... well my best friend of sorts. He is in the community college and he is possibly the most matured one in the group. He is a year older than me.

" Nothing".

" Nice of you to finally join us". Cooper says, running his fingers through his thick mane.

Cooper is a legal adult as he is eighteen and he lives with Ken. This might actually be a bad thing because they are equally idiots, almost burning down the house at several occasions.

He fancies himself a bad boy, player and a notorious criminal although all he ever did was go to juvenile. He is a dropout from high school.

" Hi babe". A tiny voice says from beside me.

Cassie.

My ex.

An obnoxious and overbearing one at that. Right after I broke up with her last two months, she never left my side always chipping right in with my friends.

It is exhausting really.

I take my seat opposite Kyle and Ken in the booth, while Cooper leans on the inner table and Cassie sits closely beside me, almost tripping on my lap.

" Where you been all day, matie?". Ken asks smugly.

Kyle slaps his head. " Y'all never speak good English".