Unladylike✓

~♦~
I guess sometimes I like to be noticed
Most times, I prefer to be on my instinct
I have a good reason as to why
But let's just keep things simple for some time
«g-r-a-c-c-y»
~♦~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slam my hand on the devilishly loud alarm and hurl up my blanket further onto my head, successfully slipping back into empty dreamland.

I could do this all day. Yes, I am that lazy and just can't find myself caring more about it.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

What the actual gut this stupid alarm has to sound again and this time louder. I groan loudly, flinging my hand towards the alarm. It falls to the floor making a loud shattering noise.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

" What is happening up there, Echo. Are you good?". Helen's chirpy voice says aloud breaking through the barrier of my room door.

How can anyone's voice sound so loud and bubbly in the morning. That is just unfair. Especially to someone like me whose voice sounds like tortured donkey in the morning.

" Yup. All good, ma'am". I say in a very unladylike manner. My voice is barely audible and equally hoarse. Early mornings are the worst, especially Monday mornings.

" Alright. Get dressed and come down for your breakie. Be careful with the staircase and your crutches!". She states clearly.

I raise my fist in a thumbs up and immediately facepalm myself after remembering that she can not see me.

" Okay".  I shout back.

Several grunts, groans and unpleasant murmurs after, I am able to make my way towards the spiral and ever shining staircase. I gulp slightly at the simple thought of climbing down.

A deep chuckle sounds from behind me. I turn around to come face to face with Luke, a very smirking Luke.

" Couldn't find your way down, sweetheart ?". He torments gleefully.

" Glad to know that my struggles pleases you". I retort with an eye roll.

" Be careful or your eyes might just fall off".  He says walking close to me and lifting me off the ground.

" Place me down right now !". I command roughly kicking his chest. He looks down at me and laugh again.

" Oh, such a lovely sight to wake up to". Helen says once we reach the ground floor and I've successfully kicked him away.

" Mom, you've been awake for a long time. What are you talking about?". Luke asks, laughing quietly.

Helen shrugs and chews loudly on her apple. She continues like this probably forgetting the presence of other people in the room.

She turns to look at us again with wide eyes.

" Oh but you have to pardon my very bad and unladylike manners. It sucks to be fancy and proper all the time". She says with a little bow and I could not help but smile a little.