Runaway✓

~«♥×♥»~

" there are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well".
~Nicholas Sparks

When times are hard and extremely rough, I know I have no one else but myself to run to. I do not even try to seek for help anymore simply because I know there are none anywhere.

It might all be in my head but I know that I am right. The feeling of helplessness is real and faltering for even the strongest of people.

Currently, I am in one of my " everyday scars" and I don't even mind it anymore. It sucks to be me sometimes, -scratch that-, it sucks to me every time and am not even kidding about it.

I know I am already in another trouble. Just as always.

Gently cracking open my heavy eyeslids, I could sense the worry gazes that are thrown my way and even the touch that is trying to shake me back to life. I scan the hand and instantly recognize it to be my mother's soft hand.

"Echo ". She says a little too loud for my aching ears, " snap out of it right now . . ., you . . ."

Turning my head sideways towards her, I tune back into what she is saying.

". . .can't you just stay out of trouble for a little bit, i literally left for just a little while ".

A little while, she said, it had literally been months.

" She needs pay a visit to the mental health office, I don't think we should leave her like this". A soft voice says. Furrowing my brows from confusion and slight annoyance, I turn to look at the owner of the voice.

A young fragile woman with bright blonde hair stands not too far from the bed with a stethoscope around her neck as she looks at me gingerly .

Alas, that isn't the only thing that confuses me right now , it is the white walls of the place and the hospital gown that am currently on.

At this point, the ache that I feel is threatening to spilt open my head.

Scratch that, my head is already pounding and the bright lights pays no ease to it.

" Honey , how are you feeling now?".
She sounds truly worried, but I am convinced that she is not. She is just great at pretending.

I refuse to answer her and instead, I sit up a little from the bed and stretch my hand to carry the glass of water that is sitting just next to me.

Before I could do that, my mother carries the cup and lift it to my chapped lips.

" Mom, stop , I don't need your help". I do not bother to look at her as I collect the cup from her.

" So , how do you feel now, love". The doctor says with a slightly deep British accent.

I shrug, not bothering to answer her.

" I might actually need you to speak , just in case you are in any pains so that we can help you, the fall had a really great impact on you as you have been out for over five hours now". She says looking at her book.

I look at her with a confused expression.

" Oh no, do not tell me you do not remember, just this evening when you got extremely drunk, Echo. What exactly were you thinking ? You promised not to drink again ". Mom says with an edge in between the words , that clearly says , "am utterly disappointed in you, young Missy".