Pain✓

•|I have been running from my       
             demons
             Afraid to look behind
             I have been running away from
             myself
             Afraid of what I'd find|•

Note: The past events in the chapter are written in italics.

                                  ♥♥♥

   "I wanna take you somewhere". My dad said.

  The eleven years old me looked up at him with so much excitement twirling in my eyes.

" Where, dad?".

" You would have to be patient, little one, until I come back".  He said to me as he stood by the door ready to go out.

" Okay, dad". I said as I waved him off.

  That was hours ago, the rain finally picked up and poured down heavily later that evening. I was in the house alone,again.

My home lesson teacher left not too long ago. I always questioned my mom on why I cannot be publicly schooled like normal kids. She said it was to protect me and because I was special.

I sat on the window frame in my room, head on the window, tired eyes watching the rain drops as they slide down the cold window. I could not contain my excitement anymore as I waited for my dad.

I suddenly heard the house door open from my room.

Quickly, I put on my bunny slippers and ran towards the sitting room in haste.

  My dad came in, drenched from the rain. He sloppily shut the door and slide down to the floor.

I quickly ran to him. The smell of alcohol ever so evident oozed  from him. He was drunk. Again.

" Dad?". I called with caution. " Are you okay?".  I said bending to his level on the ground.

He snapped his dark eyes at me. I was taken back from the dangerous aura that surrounded him.

I shifted closer to him and lifted my hand to touch him. He gripped my little hand in his large one with tight grip.

" Dad, you are hurting me".  I said with a pained expression on my face. Fear present in my body.

His hold got tighter and he slapped me across my face heavily. I let out a loud scream. He muffled my scream by putting a dirty handkerchief in my mouth.

He stood up and dragged me along with him to my room.

" And am not hurting?".  He said as a matter of fact.

" Dad, please, stop".  I pleaded with the man whom I barely recognize anymore.

He threw me on the floor of my room and I fell with a thud. I cried out in pains just in case someone was to hear me. I knew that was fairly impossible since Mom rarely came back home at that time.

I feared what he could do to me at that state of mind.

" You know". He started again," I have always wished for a son. When Stephanie got pregnant, I prayed so hard that it would be a boy". He said with a drunken voice.

I blankly stared at him , I could feel blood in my mouth and a lone tear slide down my hot face.

" But then we got the news that it was a girl. Steph was really happy ....and I had to be happy with her, I had to accept you, I love her, and I was eventually hoping that maybe later we can have a boy but then no, we didn't". It seemed like he was crying.