Candies✓

~«♥×♥»~

I'd love to give us a chance
To sing a song that's ours driven with a loving dance
I'd love to show you my world
If it is not in a such a great blur

~graccy~

~«♥×♥»~

The vast and empty land surrounding the equally lifeless mansion renders me speechless. The mansion is situated on a hill almost at the outskirts of the city.

Eluding a great sense of serenity, the mansion stands mighty, its pillars perfectly on display. Not a single flaw in sight, not even a colourful one.

I would have said this is my scene when I first came to New York but now, I do not really know what my scenery is anymore. Everything is in such a messy blur, the future always uncertain.

A whirlwind of emotions twirl in the beautiful pit of Xavier's eyes as he watches me take everything in.

I am starting to wonder if anyone lives here at all. The irony is that I have always known Xavier's mother to be a colourful woman, filling her life with every spectrum of light and enchanting gardens of bright flowers.

" Where are all the flowers?".

" Uh?". Confusion etched on his watchful gaze.

" I expected your house to be bright and colorful just like the one in London was. Doesn't Eliza love her bright flowers and shining lights anymore?". He parks the bike and I jump down from it.

Eliza is Xavier's mother. Although, she has constantly urged me to call her mom and oh yes, I did for a very long time. Truthfully, I miss her and cannot wait to see her bright smiles again. His father, Aaron, not very much.

" Yeah. She still loves them". He says with a low voice. His face saddens for a second before it goes blank again.

" Why is the house then..."

" Lifeless?". He says with a chuckle. " She is barely around anymore. Her and my father". 

I tilt my head to the side, searching for any falsified truth in his statement. It is hard to decipher when his face is in such a blank spot.

" She is not around now?". We make our way into the huge house. My brows naturally goes into a frown when we got in.

The walls are gray and absolutely lacking enthusiastic fun, even the atmosphere seems dry. Back in London, their house's wall was literally stacked with pictures upon colorful arts upon more pictures.

The floors lack the usual array of flowers and colourful rugs and I am just left stunned all over. I struggle with the fact that Eliza lives here and it looks like no one lives in it.

" Welcome to my humble abode".

Humble? Nay.

Expensive as shit? Yes.

" Uh, thanks. I just have a lot of questions about... "

" Xavvy!". A little girl screams in excitement, jumping up and Xavier effortlessly caught her and twirls her around.