Ruins✓

•|How am I supposed to love you
       When I don't love who I am
     How can I give you all of me
     When am only half a man
     Am a sinking ship that's burning
    So let go of my hand|•

Note: This story continues naturally. The bonus chapter does not affect the sequence and so we are back to that BBQ Sunday. Enjoy.

                              ♥♥♥

The tension is supposed to go away, the pain is expected to vanish and all the aches of my heart is hoped to be filled. But who am I kidding exactly. They do not just go away like that. They stay for a long time, destroying every hints of happiness in you.

The pain shatters you, the tension compresses you and the aches ruins you until all that is left is the useless waste of you.

Running through the neighborhood is not exactly freeing me of the chaos that is building inside of me. I can feel it but can I control it?

Do I want to control it?

The winds blows up against my body and I shiver slightly, reducing my pace while downing a chug of water. I stand at the side walk staring at everything and paying attention to nothing.

I look forward and I can sight Elle's Cafe from here. I decided I need caffeine in my body and I jog towards it. Opening the door, relief washes over me as I feel the heat radiates around me.

I walk forward to place my order and abruptly stops as I see the person behind the desk. He looks at me slowly before giving me his annoying smirk.

Punk.

" To be honest, I was not expecting you here". Xavier says while eyeing me up and down.

" Coffee. To go". I say blatantly to him.

" You are not one for a conversation then, Peach". He says and goes to make the coffee, handing it over to me.

I move pass him and head for the door.

" See you later, Echoey". He says and I pause in my steps.

Echoey.

I turn around to face him once again and he smiles at my reaction.

Is it a coincidence that he calls me that?
Or is he the Xavier that I knew eight years ago?

I am really tempted to confront him but decided against it and head home.

Arriving at the mansion, I could make out different voices from inside the house. BBQ Sunday it is. The thought alone makes me sick. I walk inside to have many eyes turn towards me.

I am not one to like having any form of attention on me but I decided to ignore them all and head to my room.

" Hi, Echo. How was your run?". Helen says. I notice she is all dressed up elegantly and even the person standing beside her, Fred is also dressed up.

Then I take my time to look at everyone. Matt, Henry, Camilla, a woman I don't recognize, another woman I don't recognize and a man. I notice Luke and ...Roman Hitler? What on earth is he doing here?

" Come on. Go get dressed quickly. The party is about to start". Helen says and I make my way to my room.

A party? How did this harmless family Sunday get-together turn to a freaking party?

I shower as slow as possible just to waste time. Putting on my clothes equally slowly. I grab my phone and sluggishly walk downstairs.

The one thing I notice is that ...there is nothing to notice. Everywhere is quiet and everyone's gone. I contemplate on going back to my room when a voice speaks up from behind me.